Bandwagons, Favourites, Number on your Jumper etc

Kommer.

Indeed

32 on the back of duffle coat

5 & 6 on each sleeve - with the name tapes underneath

Timmy was the fav.

15 - Wayne Primmer (yep thats right he was my fave.)  I proudly took off my duffle coat that day at Waverley when he bagged 7 v The Bloos to expose my jumper & got a few plaudits too.

27 - Simon Madden

32 - Timmy

Then I grew out of having a number.

Iron on Vs have mum sew it on?

17 Gerlach (cos my sis found a footy card with him on it and gave it to me)

1 Nifty

18 Vander

1  Merv (I founded the Merv Neagle Society at school in opposition to the WoW Jones Club)

5 Hird obviously

2 Ricky Dyson. Yes, Ricky Dyson. It's a long story.

And my new bandwagon boy ..... drumroll .....  36  LAUCHIE DALGLEISH

Made a Wanganeen doll in year 8 textiles. My favorite and shattered when he left.

18 Van der Haar
18 Lloyd
18 Hurley
Whilst previously on the Ambrose and Gleeson wagons I'm currently hitching a ride on the Fantasia train.

You mast have also been a Todd Ridley fan.

Nah passed on the Toddster but Barry Grinter was definitely under consideration early days :)

ok here goes the Grinch. people are getting wildly ahead of themselves on paddy ambrose. sure he has shown some positive signs , courage, his work rate is absolutely top notch and of course those 3 goals stand out like dogs balls, BUT, he needs to get his marking sorted. I don't care how much he can bench press or what his beep test is, if hasn't got good strong hands as a hit up marking option he is no good to us. 

And he has only played 2 games. Jesus, I know his 3 goals were great but I'm pretty sure Reimers once kicked 3 goals in 5 minutes to bust a game open.

Can we all just settle the hell down on this guy?

Probably that game against the Suns in their first year.

You know the one where we were up by 90 odd points by quarter time and Reimers ended up kicking 8 for the game.

On the other hand shut about with your negativity regarding Ambrosey, clearly will be the best player the competition has seen by the time he has 15 games experience under his belt. I mean you don't go from play Amatuer's footy, to half a season in the VFL to simply making up the numbers in the AFL....that would never happen!!

;-)

Was actually against WCE the following week.

Ambrose has potential, great endurance and more courage than i'll ever have, but we need to give this kid a break.

Made a Wanganeen doll in year 8 textiles. My favorite and shattered when he left.

I named our orphaned Lamb after Wanganeen. 4 months later he left the club.

When I was younger, I went:

27. Simon Madden
4. Gavin Wanganeen
7. Dean Solomon.

I still have that Solomon jumper but just don't wear it much anymore (you know, because I'm an adult).

Yep, disregarding the extra few kgs we put on as we get older making it a squeeze, there is a certain age where wearing footy jumper to the footy is just not on.

10. Alan Noonan - I remember as a kid sitting at Windy Hill watching him play.  Absolutely idolised him.  

27. Simon Madden
4. Gavin Wanganeen
7. Dean Solomon.

I still have that Solomon jumper but just don't wear it much anymore (you know, because I'm an adult).

Yep, disregarding the extra few kgs we put on as we get older making it a squeeze, there is a certain age where wearing footy jumper to the footy is just not on.

What age is that?  I'm thinking of treating myself to a new one for my 50th.

1 Like

27. Simon Madden
4. Gavin Wanganeen
7. Dean Solomon.

What age is that?  I'm thinking of treating myself to a new one for my 50th.

Wish I had a definitive answer for you there but I don't. But you know it when you see it. Enjoy your pressie & wear with pride & let those of us who will, to cringe in silence.

10. Alan Noonan - I remember as a kid sitting at Windy Hill watching him play.  Absolutely idolised him.  

Rumour has it he wasn't one to suffer fools gladly.

Don't spoil my boyhood illusions.  Died way too young

Rumour has it he wasn't one to suffer fools gladly.
Don't spoil my boyhood illusions.  Died way too young

Woosh

As a kid i wore 9 CCC

Then 5

It’s weird, cos he played for another team for so long and only recently joined us, but I get really fired up when Goddard gets the ball. Farking love him.

Don't really have any favourites.

Right now I’m championing the following bandwagons:

Hooker - Backed him through some tough times

Kommer - Love what he brings to the team

Chappy - Insta-bandwagon

No.5 was good cause of two all time greats in TD and Hirdy. Never got a number but like the no.11 and almost got it for Hardwick. Always prefer the unfashionable, hard working, tough nut types. Can’t say this fits in with the current owner, needs to lift.

Don't really have any favourites.

:)