Bandwagons, Favourites, Number on your Jumper etc

I saw a bloke recently with a modern jumper and the number 3, with SALMON above it. Liked that.

When I was younger, I went:

27. Simon Madden

4. Gavin Wanganeen

7. Dean Solomon.

I still have that Solomon jumper but just don't wear it much anymore (you know, because I'm an adult).

Very similar

32 Tim Watson

26 Mark Thompson

4  Gavin Wanganeen

7  Dean Solomon

I too still have the Solomon jumper, I still wear it, I keep getting asked "Why is Jetta your favourite player"? to this I respond "Because like Leroy, I also had 0 touches".

Big Hurley fan, and Pig too. Love it when they do well.

Played local footy here in Cairns with Demps so I like watching him tear it up, too.

Of recent times, I was on Jackson Merrett when people kept dropping him from the team. OK that isn't so hard as it was just last year, but I did see something I liked soon after we drafted him so I was on that wagon early and I'm glad he is proving me right (with plenty of upside left).

18 Van der Haar

18 Lloyd

18 Hurley

Whilst previously on the Ambrose and Gleeson wagons I'm currently hitching a ride on the Fantasia train.

18 Van der Haar
18 Lloyd
18 Hurley
Whilst previously on the Ambrose and Gleeson wagons I'm currently hitching a ride on the Fantasia train.

You mast have also been a Todd Ridley fan.

18 Van der Haar
18 Lloyd
18 Hurley

You mast have also been a Todd Ridley fan.

oh you mean 18. trade bait

First jumper was 8 due to a family connection to that number.

First I chose was 5 (TD) and then 20 (Budgie).

Haven’t had a jumper with a number since then.

If I was to choose one now I’d probably lean towards Winders amongst the older guys, and maybe Rayner amongst the kids!

27 for Simon madden.

Also really liked Alessio later.

#4 for Jobeeeyy!

On the Gleeson bandwagon too.

hirdy was always my favourite by a country mile growing up

as i've gotten older though i tend to get on the bandwagon of a lot more of the players instead of having just one stand out favourite

#32 on the old woollen footy jumper, both long and short sleeve

#32 on the Duffle Coat

& a dog called Timmy while growing up

my dog here in Beijing rocks #4 on the back of it Winter jacket

Melksham

ok here goes the Grinch. people are getting wildly ahead of themselves on paddy ambrose. sure he has shown some positive signs , courage, his work rate is absolutely top notch and of course those 3 goals stand out like dogs balls, BUT, he needs to get his marking sorted. I don't care how much he can bench press or what his beep test is, if hasn't got good strong hands as a hit up marking option he is no good to us. 

And he has only played 2 games. Jesus, I know his 3 goals were great but I'm pretty sure Reimers once kicked 3 goals in 5 minutes to bust a game open.

Can we all just settle the hell down on this guy?

Probably that game against the Suns in their first year.

You know the one where we were up by 90 odd points by quarter time and Reimers ended up kicking 8 for the game.

On the other hand shut about with your negativity regarding Ambrosey, clearly will be the best player the competition has seen by the time he has 15 games experience under his belt. I mean you don't go from play Amatuer's footy, to half a season in the VFL to simply making up the numbers in the AFL....that would never happen!!

;-)

My favs have been

Salmon

Wanganeen

Hird

My favourite now is Jobe although Hepps is challenging :)

Growing up, #6. Anthony Modra. No ■■■■. Wore that number for my local club.

Currently, no number, but Fletch. He's the only one left from my favourite ever Essendon period.

TD

Bewick

JJ

Lucas

Welsh

Neagle

Hurley

Pig

Aylett

I've currently got #32 on the back of mine, not because of Colyer, but a massive Tim Watson fan (might need to get Watson lettering to distinguish  :rolleyes: )

Hird

Lloyd

Lucas

Johnson x2

McVeigh

Hille

Fletcher

Jobe

Winderlich

Heppell

O'Brien

Got my first jumper when I was 4 with a 4 on it.

Rotten Ronnie

Now my kids are wearing them and they love that Jobe is 4. They hate the prickly fabric though…

Then if ever given a chance for a number to play in rather that whatever jumper fits, I’d nab 32.

First jumper was 8 due to a family connection to that number.
First I chose was 5 (TD) and then 20 (Budgie).
Haven't had a jumper with a number since then.
If I was to choose one now I'd probably lean towards Winders amongst the older guys, and maybe Rayner amongst the kids!

... forgot the 34 (Neagle) that I had about the same time as the 5.