BB acount hacked?

As if you’d pay $1900 US for five seconds of footage.

5 Likes

I’m offended! It would be at least 10 seconds of footage.

4 Likes

I got the email this morning. Very old password I haven’t used for yonks.

I liked the threat that they’d publish video of me rubbing one out watching stickoes. Yeah, right!

I assume everyone has just ignored them.

Nah, we watched them.

9 Likes

Bad assumption

3.5 billion people are online worldwide.

"…more than 5,517,748,800 hours of ■■■■ were watched on 'Hub in just 2018 That’s equal to 629,880 years of content consumed in 1 year, on just one site.*** Wikipedia

Someone is going to fall for this.

There has been a surge in Zoom use - Zoom was hacked.
Schools are using Zoom as a tool for interactive student contact in remote learning.

It was something a bit older than zoom, the links between passwords and email addresses, seems to be using passwords maybe older than 5 years. For instance I have never used Zoom and the password they had has been unused by me for at least 5 years except for 2 sites I rarely use.

1 Like

oh yeahhhh

3 Likes

In all honesty if someone from Russia or wherever asked me for my Blitz password, I’d just give it to them on the condition that If they worked out a way to make money from it they have to let @Mendozaaaa know

3 Likes

There is a surge of scamming going on at the mo. Plenty is targetted at whatever screen-based activities they think people are up to while locked down. I got a couple of bogus emails from ‘Netflix’ this morning.

I’m starting to feel left out.

1 Like

All quiet here. Maybe it’s because we are self-isolating and rarely going out!

Simple and effective. Best chuckle all day.

2 Likes

This scam has just been mentioned on the ABC News. Its become very very prevalent. Apparently.

Reportedly the Zoom tool for schools was hacked to bring in ■■■■ content. Teachers physically supervising the kids doing remote learning at the school were super impressed at the improvements in the kids spans of attention, until they logged in - their own attention span zoomed.

Most of the reported Zoom “hacks” aren’t actually hacks, by the way.

They’re the equivalent of a Blitzer giving their password to a FarkCarlton supporter.
A bit like someone gave @Diggers a Blitz password yoinks ago, and now we’re stuuuuuuuuck with him.

4 Likes

I just got my fourth, only this time with more threats.

The password they’re threatening to expose me through is one I haven’t used for 15 years and certainly never used on my desktop.

Anetta Mazenga…that’s the name.