BB acount hacked?

Look at your name re… could have something to do with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

They’re trying to avoid being marked as spam.

2 Likes

You have to log out, then reply.

They better not steel my fake identity.

1 Like

I’m getting these threatening / blackmail emails in my inbox daily now.
BB password in subject line.
Not getting picked up as spam.
Pain in the BS.

I got another one today.

So have you guys changed your passwords yet?

1 Like

yep

Are the emails coming because you’ve used a computer rather than your phone?
Are they all hotmail related?
Thanks

They are being sent to my Hotmail account and quoting my BB password. I guess the BB user DB (in one of its incarnations) has been hacked & sold on.

Thanks.

I have had 2. The password is NOT my current BB password, which has been the same for about 2 years and is of good strength Do you use TPG ? The password they quote WAS my TPG password, I changed it a week ago.

I don’t use tpg but it would be interesting to see what the common link is. (I haven’t had an email - just interested)

Yes it was more a question for Gnik. I have many passwords and a medium number of email addresses. I have a mnemonic for each password, associated with each server account , the decode for each mnemonic is stored in a very secure location.
But this enables me to see which accounts have the combination of email address and password. In this case TPG came up as almost certainly the hacked party.

2 Likes

Not a TPG user.
The pw was one I probably used a fair bit years ago, but in recent years only used with BB. So could be from some ancient site I’ve forgotten about.

Must be the case for me also.

Edit: I need to go through all the passwords and change them. It should be done every so often anyway.

1 Like

You still have a Hotmail account!

Since the '90s!

2 Likes

Wonder if the “Hack” has been on a previous now defunct version of Blitz on old forum software that is floating about out there?

I still have hotmail too from the 90’s

when I got an email saying they had my password - it was my old blitz password too (really only used for forums nothing important) but since changed, I thought it was from stolen from linkedin…which i never use but my work made us set it up years ago.

zoom also hacked recently, glad that password isnt used for anything else.

But the outcome from my email was nothing. I changed my passwords and ignored there emails after a couple they stopped emailing,