BBFFL#2 2017 Discussion

That’s a bit of a blow. I like both of your suggestions though redbull and agree that something is needed.

Here’s pazza’s squad for reference:

Pazza
Josh Gibson B 82
Zach Tuohy B 73
Ben Stratton B 52
Tom Barrass B 50
Tom Lonergan B 48
Michael Hurley B 0
Sebastian Ross C 98
Mark Blicavs C 86
Billy Hartung C 72
Will Langford C 71
Jesse Lonergan C 67
Mitch Hallahan C 61
Connor Menadue C 56
Steven Motlop F 83
Tom Bell F 69
Paul Puopolo F 68
Matt Taberner F 61
Cameron Pedersen F 60
Levi Casboult F 52
Daniel Rioli F 49
Josh Schache F 47
Yestin Eades F 0
Matt White FC 15
Shane Mumford R 85

Not sure why concessions are needed, I don’t remember getting any when I took over a pretty average team a few years back. I had to make the choice on whether to gut my team and suffer for a few years, I think the new coach also has to make the same choice.

Sorry if I sound like a prick but fair is fair.

I think I lean towards Cafegrat for this. Whilst Pazza’s list is in a pretty poor state, that’s part of the challenge in taking over a team. I might be wrong here, but I’m pretty sure Pazza hasn’t even finished last has he?

If we give assistance here, why don’t we give assistance to whoever finishes last each season?

I’m with cafegerat also. With some hard work and early draft picks that team can be made competitive within a couple of years. If anything was to be done, I think it should have happened earlier.

It’d be a bit rich to want to give the new coach concessions when everyone pillaged his team mercilessly for years and didn’t seem to care too much or bat an eyelid. Those were some of the most one sided trades I’ve ever seen, Pazza’s doing his squad a service by leaving.

It'd be a bit rich to want to give the new coach concessions when everyone pillaged his team mercilessly for years and didn't seem to care too much or bat an eyelid. Those were some of the most one sided trades I've ever seen, Pazza's doing his squad a service by leaving.

I agree with this to a point - I never traded with Paz because it felt like everyone was taking advantage of him. But at least those coaches were taking advantage of him, not the innocent new coach.

His squad is truly dire. There’s about 10 reasonable keepers in there, the rest wouldn’t be redrafted before round 6. That’s a huge disadvantage for the new coach - I doubt cafe’s or SB’s starting squads were nearly that bad, though I’m prepared to be proven wrong on that.

I make it 12, maybe 13 keepers.
That means half the draft picks have to be starting 18 to be competitive.
It’s a massive task for the new guy.
If it was our league I wouldn’t be opposed to a start of round draft pick in round 2 and 3.
Having said that, I don’t know what the franchise’s draft picks are.
Glad it’s not a decision our league is making though.

It'd be a bit rich to want to give the new coach concessions when everyone pillaged his team mercilessly for years and didn't seem to care too much or bat an eyelid. Those were some of the most one sided trades I've ever seen, Pazza's doing his squad a service by leaving.

I agree with this to a point - I never traded with Paz because it felt like everyone was taking advantage of him. But at least those coaches were taking advantage of him, not the innocent new coach.

His squad is truly dire. There’s about 10 reasonable keepers in there, the rest wouldn’t be redrafted before round 6. That’s a huge disadvantage for the new coach - I doubt cafe’s or SB’s starting squads were nearly that bad, though I’m prepared to be proven wrong on that.

I don’t have the exact figures but my squad was the bottom of the ladder when I took back over so I reckon mine was pretty poor. I had players which averaged 50 that I had to keep.

I don’t have the exact figures but my squad was the bottom of the ladder when I took back over so I reckon mine was pretty poor. I had players which averaged 50 that I had to keep.

You also had the bones of a squad that had played finals 2 years earlier. There was still some young talent there to be traded which is what I believe you have done.

Realistically other than 4 or 5 players there is no one of real value with the squad that is left. But as pointed out Pazza has never won a wooden spoon and has always managed to win a few games.

So given the group consensus is to let its run the course so that’s what it will be. The new coach will have pick 2 and 20 as a starting point. At the moment the other picks are - 38,56,74,92,108,110,128,146,164.

Now it’s just a matter of finding someone willing to take the long hard road to success.

You also had the bones of a squad that had played finals 2 years earlier. There was still some young talent there to be traded which is what I believe you have done.

Realistically other than 4 or 5 players there is no one of real value with the squad that is left. But as pointed out Pazza has never won a wooden spoon and has always managed to win a few games.

So given the group consensus is to let its run the course so that’s what it will be. The new coach will have pick 2 and 20 as a starting point. At the moment the other picks are - 38,56,74,92,108,110,128,146,164.

Now it’s just a matter of finding someone willing to take the long hard road to success.

So the potential coach you were talking to has dropped out?

If it is me Redhill is referring to, I’d be more than happy to take over as it is. Makes it more realistic.

Definitely a challenge which will make the rewards all the more sweeter

No I have been talking to someone and I was brutally honest about the predictament.

No I have been talking to someone and I was brutally honest about the predictament.

Is he still interested or do we give username already taken a shot. He seems very keen.

Drum roll please…

Well that stole my thunder!! But it’s with great pleasure we welcome Ivan to BBFFL#2. Personally I think it’s a great addition to the league and Ivan is someone who will being another dimension to the league. He is under no illusions that there is a big task at hand but he has assured me he is up for the challenge.

So once again welcome Ivan.

oh no. not that bloke!

:slight_smile:

I’d promised myself I was going to cut down on fantasy football this year too…

:)

I’d promised myself I was going to cut down on fantasy football this year too…

You might find that this league starts to take precedence over time. I know have found that! The skill and work in crafting a team from trades and drafting is really rewarding!

Welcome Ivan and i also think he will be a good edition to the league and unlike the last coach knows his footy.

Seeya Pazza!!! you guys need to take your internet hats off, he is still a human, regardless if his team was pure FC at times. Welcome Ivan, cant wait to f**kin smash ya