BBFFL#2 2017 Discussion

No love for Sam Reid?

Draft thread and UF are now updated. I will be out all afternoon but will have my phone so will be able to assist anyone who needs help

1 Like

About to jump on a plane pretty much nonstop until 6 and then a wedding (thanks qantas), so I will need some more assistance getting my pick in, or Iā€™ll try for Tomlinson again. cheers for everyone who has helped me so far, itā€™s been my most disrupted draft by far. I think the results will reflect that unfortunately, although Peter griffin logue looked reasonably promising in the little bit I watched last night

Can someone message birch to let him know heā€™s up? I just messaged a random number in my phone that may or may not be him.

You on the plane yet? Your pick

Did Bix give anyone contingencies before he left?

He gave me instructions as he boarded.

Just trying to how best to follow them.

Il back for today guys, please refer to my post in the other FF league, it doesnt let me copy and paste it, and thanks to everyone whoā€™s been helping me, very much appreciated. Come and see me at the G round 1 and il buy you a beer

2 Likes

Well that was on a hiding to nothing. Bix was boarding when i text him. He gave me one name (unavailable) and ā€œotherwise, find me two best-22 defenders who will play 15 gamesā€.

So i chose Thompson, who is in Norths preferred side every week. I think his 70+ average days are gone but he is reasonably bankable.

I also considered Morris. Similar to Thompson, he APPEARS a lock. But at 34 years old the cliff has to be approaching and soon.

So i took a bit of license. Gardiner still fulfills the criteria - played 20+ games last year and surely has to be in the future blueprint - but imo has definite upside. His intercept marking might start to emerge as Brisbane get their act together. And at 21 and in his 4th year i think thereā€™s another level coming.

Sorry if these displease you, trev. I tried to reason my way through it (at picks 168/169, lol?!) as best i could. Dont hate me. Lol

2 Likes

Perfect sal, gave you a tough ask but figured it was better at this stage of the draft to keep It rolling.

2 Likes

Phew!

Draft Selection: Quinton Narkle.

last pick of the draft for me. Figured iā€™d take an absolute flying punt on a kid - with one qualification. I may have chosen someone else here if i wasnā€™t also drafting for Wob at that time. I left someone on the board that i think suits Wobā€™s draft fairly well. Be that as it may, once i realised that i was looking at some very late draft picks, iā€™d focused in on this kid prior to the draft as my usual high-risk bet. I was pretty sure heā€™d be off everyones radar once he picked up a hammy strain and thought he was a certainty to be available with my final pick. Heā€™s quite an ā€œinsideā€ player , more so than youā€™d think, and has to win a lot of ball in a contest. But somehow, for some reason, he reminds me of Geelong and how they play. He seems to get to the right spot at the back of the clearance for the escape handball and rolls around the pack to dish off. Needs a stack of development but if he stays injury free for a while, i can see him suiting Scotts plans and gamestyle. Geelong are still a bit predictable. Anyway, pure gut feel selection.

And thats that. Draft over. Squad and analysis/thinking to follow.

1 Like

Has Bargey been notified?

Zero.

1 Like

CC: @redbull

+ Sam Reid (Sydney) F
Another of my old ā€˜favouritesā€™ who I have probably irrationally grown attached to out of pure desire of wanting to be proven right in my backing of them. Didnā€™t play a game last year due to injury, but had a seemingly breakout year scoring wise in 2015. Hopeful he may be able to get on the park regularly this season and put up some consistent 70s. Also, as a swingman, hoping he will regain FB status.

+ Aaron Mullett (B)
Best 22 at Norf. Has scored over 100 before. Better than Schoenmakers or Dawson at this pick.

2 Likes

No one is better than Dawson

Westozziebomber texted

This is my somewhat poor attempt at a draft analysis for Hasselhoffs Yambags:

1 Andrew McGrath - tossing up between him, Taranto and McCluggage. He got the nod as i needed backs and decent scoring backs are hard to find, hopefully heā€™s one of them. Plus i think he plays for Essendon and they may have persuaded me a little.

19 Joe Atley - this was a bit of a panic get as i was ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  off when Perryman, Powell-Pepper, Florent, Walker, Petrevski-Seton and Berry all went on 6 of the previous 7 picks, i thought i would get one of them. I saw him the previous weekend a bit for port, he looked alright and thought he may get a few games. Bit of a reach at 19 though.

29 Tom Stewart - as stated earlier, still need backs, I think this bloke will play a fair bit for the cats and has looked alright from what i have seen of him.

37 David Mackay - needed some experience in the midfield. Mackay is a decent enough scorer who should continue to get games for the crows.

55 Darcy Cameron - I only have Tippett on my list as a ruck so i needed to target another two. Cameron has looked ok this preseason and is also listed as a forward. Doubtful to be best 22 but should get some games.

77 Tom Bellchambers - Second ruck get and this one has some runs on the board. Unknown what Wooshaā€™s plans for him are but certainly a handy backup and if plays i could move Tippett forward.

91 David Astbury - have i said i needed backs? I had him last year and he scored ok for a fifth string back. His preseason scores have been alright too, a good bench player to have. But at the same time, Richmond.

109 Dan Butler - i know what youā€™re asking, why did this moron get two tigers players back to back? what can i say, Butler is a young forward that has looked ok in the JLT, thatā€™s about it.

127 Joshua Schoenfeld - picked him because he scored ok last season and i think scored ok in a couple of the suns games this pre season, wanted another centre. donā€™t think heā€™ll play much, donā€™t really care!

140 Trent McKenzie - really happy with this pick so late. He can score well and if he is over his injuries should almost be a best 22 player for the suns, perhaps a bargain at 140? weā€™ll see.

Fairly happy with this draft and hopefully my young side can take that extra step this season and get out of that bottom four iā€™m so fairly entrenched in, id get excited if i finished 14th!!

Looking forward to another season lads, really enjoy this comp. :+1:

2 Likes

Pick should be made void if you canā€™t get the team right.

SB messaged

2 Likes