BBFFL#2 2017 Discussion

Lads, I have cricket finals today and tomorrow. Is anyone available to pick on my behalf if I leave contingencies. Let me know and I’ll PM them through…

Happy to help mate. I only have pick 159 left.

1 Like

The list reads 158, which is now.

I can also help if needed @smooth.

1 Like

The list says Eggs at 158

Eggs picked at 157

Whoops, I was looking at the wrong list. Will pick shortly.

1 Like

Bargey texted. I was looking at “2017 BBFFL#2 Picks after Trades” which is slightly out of order compared to the picks thread. Apologies :flushed:

Will take you up on that offer, thanks mate! I should be able to get to my next pick before I leave, then once I’m about to leave will send contingencies…

Yep that list is slightly out at the end once the order is adjusted to give everyone 10 picks.

@smooth I didn’t get picked for my cricket final today (too many weeks off!) and I’m done in the draft so happy to assist.

Bargey has picked. Smooth texted.

Done. Sal texted to pick for wob…

The ducker looks set to play a bit more mid time. Also now that he is not allowed to duck anymore he may become a more tolerable player. Nah

Ummed and ah’d over whether to bother with Ruck cover all. Not sure I made the right call. Flip of a coin between him and Simpson for who covers Mumford. Of course the Matt just play lobbe. Someone will take someone that makes me regret this

@SillyBilly is up.

Yeah, it would seem so. Given I have had the likes of Stephen Milne and Hayden Ballantyne on my list over the years, Thomas adds to that group of forward pockets with extremely punchable heads!

Anyway I’m done. Not as happy with the back half of the draft as I am the front. Got muddled and missed a few guys who were on my radar.

Basically took 7 kids, plus horlin-smith, Shepard and a spud ruck. I’ll be hoping the first 2 picks are keepers and least 2 or 3 of the rest.

Once I get the list looking a little better my strategy will change and I’ll look for more reliable depth but for now I’m drafting on potential hoping to find scorers

3 Likes

Sorry 6 kids plus Bruce, horlin-smith, Shepard and a spud ruck.

Forgotten the kp already

1 Like

Annnnd… Im done.

still have to take 4 picks for Ben, though.

I sat there through 68 picks actually starting to believe Menzel was going to make it through…

1 Like

Jarrod Berry BC
Primarily a C, but has the big enough frame to spend minutes in defence and get that precious B tacked onto his position. Despite slight setback with injury for the opening part of the season, he should slot nicely into a Best 18 given Brisbane’s pitiful standing at the moment and get good opportunity. I would argue that BC is the most sought after positional player in the comp and, outside of Andy McGrath, was the best option to take.

Brendan Whitecross BF
I tough choice as there are no guarantees that Whitecross is best 22 this season in addition to his well known injury habit. He and Ricky Henderson (a previous favourite of mine and the last player I cut) will most likely be duelling for the same spot/role. Expect Whitecross to start the season at the least. Has FB dual role which was also appealing.

James Sicily F
A highly rated talent and showing that on the field at senior level more and more. A bit of an investment as not sure he is quite ripe for my 18 for FF scoring purposes, but being the medium-sized half forward type who can float up and rack possessions and also marks, has lots of upside. The main reason for pulling the trigger in the end was Clarkson trying him across HB line in JLT as floating defender. So that position is always in line to rack up possessions = points. If he can get FB status within first few weeks in season will be very happy.

Harry Cunningham BF
Best 22 for Swans. A relatively consistent presence in the Swans 22, with Heeney going down with Glandular I expect Cunningham to get more mid minutes and maybe at a C into his position status.

Shaun Hampson R
Best 22 for Richmond. Needed ruck depth and Hampson is genuine starting ruckman for Richmond. Although injured at the moment, hopeful he can come back and be sure to be their starter for season to provide backup for me. Just hope Toby Nankervis doesn’t take flight and halt my plans…

Sam Gilbert B
Best 22 for Saints. Not the same scorer he used to be, but can play loose at times and accumulate. Is hot and cold which is risky, but can pull out regular 70s and 80s so just hope he does that when I have him in lineup.

Nathan Krakouer B
Best 22 for Port. Never been a prolific scorer, but I need B’s more than anything and he presents another interesting option with upside provided he plays in the role I think he should.

Neville Jetta B
Best 22 for Melbourne. Again, like Krakouer, not a prolific scorer usually, but gives me another B option and also has capacity to rack up respectable scores as an occasional bench option.

3 Likes