BBFFL#2 2017 Discussion

I really like Bewicks drafting. Has done well

1 Like

Agree.

Draft finalised on UF and league is now activated and live.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll find out in Round 1. He is my first opponent.

I donā€™t know what others think, but it seemed to me that there were not so many rough picks taken late in the draft. More players at the end of the draft with genuine chances of getting games than in previous seasons.

1 Like

Who is FC Medina?

That would be @ivan

FC Medina is the name of our indoor soccer team that has be running around for nigh on twenty years.

Itā€™s the funky cold football club.

I use it for all my fantasy teams too.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s because people were picking speculative players in the middle rounds more than they usually do.

Ffs. Lycett returned in a WAFL practice match and promptly dislocated a shoulder!

And UF think Mckernan is a forward, not a ruck.

Giles will play this week in the WAFL. If he doesnt push for round 1, Iā€™m already screwed in the ruck possie (Roughead wont play until mid year).

Lol. What a pita.

I know how you feel. Naitanui out for the year. Campbell injured TBA. Naismith struggling to hold a spot.
The ruck position is a pain in the ***

As I said to eggs when I was going through your spreadsheet. The UF rankings are just trash!! So many guys in the draft pool didnā€™t have dual position that should have. Would make your comp so much fairer IMO. I know you guys are having issues each week finding enough Cā€™s cause of your set up and seems the on going issues with rucks not playing has already started.

Might be to late to do it for this year, but Iā€™d suggest looking into it before next year roles around. May one of you can approach Dunlop to see if heā€™s happy to share our rankings and you guys can adjust from there.

Just my 2 cents. Feel free to tell me to butt out if you want.

I agree the UF rankings are a problem, but too late for this season now that the draft is done.

I have mentioned many times that UF positions are a joke

Having to cover 7 centres too is fkn hard work. They are the single two things that are wrong with this league imo

But it is what it is

Been brought up a number of times before, but always gets voted to stay how it is so no point really debating it any more.

UF positions are generally fine. Just because a Forward pocket pushes up the ground doesnā€™t make him a midfielder.

Some you win, some you lose, it all balances out over time.

Each time itā€™s been voted on UF has won and when asked if anyone wants to put in the time to do it, no one has put their hand up for it and having done it before i can assure you itā€™s a heap of work.

Move on.

That isnā€™t UF itā€™s us manipulating the league.

Yes, I know that. I donā€™t like it. Itā€™s stupid. But again, is what it is

I thought the utility position was a good idea. Not sure why we dropped it.

UF position changes were unkind to me, with both Lyons and Robinson losing F eligibility and being pure Cs, but I did get F back for Douglas, whilst Lobb was no longer considered a ruckman, a bit ridiculous given he is played as a Fwd/Ruck by GWS. It forced me to trade Lyons out, and luckily redbull and I were able to come up with a good deal where I ended up getting Nankervis in exchange, who allows me the luxury of playing him either forward or in ruck if Grundy is unavailable. I think we have enough opportunity to address our lists in the trade period, and given it is season 2 of 7 Cs then coaches should have been able to plan for that. I did like the Utility slot howeverā€¦

2 Likes

Letā€™s see how this year plays out. I have a feeling that the suspended players last year impacted on the number of Cs that were in the feee agent pool. Utility position helped some things but it wasnā€™t the perfect solution either.