BBFFL#2 2019 Discussion

1 Like

You will get Robertsons score when Red does the manual update.

4 Likes

Well seasons over for me, rebuild time.

3 Likes

Oh sweet, over 1500 then. Woo!

Break out game for the young squad

1 Like

Sorry guys - on a beach in the Philippines. Will do bench amendments shortly.

2 Likes

Iā€™m absolutely gutted. Akin to kicking 20.13 and getting beaten.

Break out games for some young stars.

We will have a couple of cans together, regroup and be back in a couple of days.

4 Likes

Emergencies should be all fixed now.

1515!

Yeah. The only early one i didnt nail was banfield

Fourth highest score in the comp doesnā€™t get me a win. Bugger.

Congrats to the Fyfers

1 Like

Bad luck sal. Took my highest score in a very long time to beat you!

1 Like

I had intended to take Constable at 19 but panic picked a Carlton spots defender instead. Still annoyed with myself.

Banfield was the right call at the time and a big jlt

All good mate. Iā€™ve enjoyed watching your list build, nice to see it paying off.

1 Like

Took him a year to get a look in but he and worpel look like awesome picks in the 20-30 range

Also picked liam Ryan (handy) and last time i looked jamie macmillan was still scoring well

Good draft

2 Likes

This loss is worse than when Collingwood won a premiership.

3 Likes

Very happy with my squad this week, the kind of performance I was hoping to produce on a semi-regular basis. No massive scores (unlike my 1600 a few weeks ago) just very solid pretty much across the board. Hopefully something that will continue

2 Likes

Iā€™m both flattered and insulted

3 Likes

Tough game, sometimes. 5th most points, languishing in 11th. Clearly itā€™s the defences fault!

3 Likes

So just to float this out there for discussion, my understanding is the way our current Merv Neagle voting goes is highest scoring player from the winning team automatically gets the 3, then it continues on in scoring order. Looking at DtDā€™s Henderson performance against me on the weekend itā€™s hard to argue that he doesnā€™t deserve the 3ā€¦

I know itā€™s set up this way to try to mimick the umpā€™s preference to give votes for the winning side, but Iā€™m wondering what people think of watering that down a bit to say if the highest scorer on the losing team is more than 20+ points ahead of the top scorer on the winning team he should still get the 3 (or something along those lines, maybe a point threshhold or somethingā€¦) ? After all, whilst itā€™s more common for the winning team to get the votes, itā€™s not exactly that uncommon for the losing team to get them either.

Thoughts? Given the fact that the season is already underway, happy if people donā€™t want to change it for this year either, just thought it was worth a discussion.

BBFFL#2 Round 5 Results
redbull 1240 Lost to Wezza 1422
Don to Death 1230 Lost to Birch19 1582
Come Back Hirdy 1536 Defeated saladin 1493
Crazy Bomber 1434 Lost to No. 5 1447
Stoops 1234 Lost to The Melkman 1394
TrevorBix 1330 Defeated maxx 1207
The Ant 1481 Lost to Ivan 1515
cafegerat 1320 Defeated Laverde2Langford 1179
Fogdog 1317 Lost to Aceman 1378