BBFFL#2 2019 Discussion

To be fair it was 4 more points.

Given its his knee I suspect its probably career done.

Clarke got a C because they made assumption fit their heat map evidence, even though the reality was different to what they assumed.

Obviously there was a bit of a buzz about Clarkeā€™s job tagging Higgins so there is one game they know heā€™s played midfield. However his 4 games before being dropped were as a forward with midfield rotationsā€¦which actually works in his favour as UF only had him as a back, so the more possessions he gets in the F50 the better to prove he isnā€™t playing backā€¦and given we know he played mid last roundā€¦then this data suddenly makes a lot of sense - he mustā€™ve been playing midfield then too.

The greater distance between assumed position and assigned position makes things easier as there is less chance of getting pesky possessions in an area that will confuse them, which is only how I can assume they havenā€™t figured out that players who donā€™t receive any midfield rotations arenā€™t midfielders yet, despite having data from almost every single game to make a call from.

2 Likes

Jack Macrae is a shadow of his 2018 scoring self at the moment. Really need him to start pumping out 120 plus scores again.

Damn itā€™s nice to have Langford back in, played 5 games this year and only once been below 70. Given how crap most of my forwardline has been, heā€™s pretty much my messiah :P.

Caddy coming into some form doesnā€™t hurt either.

1 Like

@cafegeratā€™s Carlton and St Kilda players turning it on and laying down a score to chase. Jarryd Lyons will have to play well to get the Bulls home.

All emergencies updates now made.

Some awesome finishes coming up

Too good mate, not the best season for me so far.

1 Like

Would have won, didnā€™t realise seedsman was back due to a busy week. mediocre year.

Here I was just thinking you were being nice to me

1 Like

Comfortable win thanks to @Crazy_Bomber playing 1 short.

Thanks mate. I know the feeling about this season. My backhanded compliment at half time thankfully seemed to slow your boys down today.

@TrevorBix is just the Essington of BBFFL#2. Promises so much but has failed to deliver since 2012.

crikey! A one point win pending any adjustments!!?

1 Like

BBFFL#2 Round 10 Results
redbull 1434 Defeated cafegerat 1377
Don to Death 1405 Defeated The Ant 1351
Come Back Hirdy 1377 Defeated TrevorBix 1357
saladin 1344 Defeated Stoops 1343
Birch19 1471 Defeated Crazy Bomber 1261
Wezza 1256 Lost to Aceman 1466
Fogdog 1168 Lost to No. 5 1348
Laverde2Langford 1151 Lost to The Melkman 1395
Ivan 1288 Defeated maxx 968

BBFFL#2 Ladder after Round 10

How the hell am I still 6th lol.

Just with the mid season draft, are those guys going to get dumped into the FA pool?

yes, they will be added to the game and the FA pool. Guessing likely this week. They will be the same as other restricted FAs and able to be claimed after teams on Thursday night.

2 Likes

Feel free to suggest an alternative method. I probably shouldnā€™t have just posted without opening it up to the floor for suggestions.

To my eye, there are two options:

1. Put them into the restricted FA pool as normal. Picks would be as per the current waiver order.
  2. Have ourselves an optional entry mini-draft of our own, which would be reverse ladder ordered. This would be done manually on UF and would only include mid-season draft players.

Happy to run a poll with coaches on how they would like to handle the situation.

1 Like

Its an interesting one. Maybe too late for this season, but should we introduce a mini draft - which is separate to the normal free agency.

1 Like