BBFFL#2 2019 Discussion

Beat me to it. The more I think about the more the mini draft actually makes sense. It will be interesting to see if there are actually any players worth picking up though!

I think running a reverse ladder order would be the best idea as it would help those that need it the most.

However we have 2 coaches that are an issue atm.

1 has basicly abandoned his team the other isnā€™t updating his team with players that are available to play and leaving others that arenā€™t available in his 22.

That being said i still think reverse ladder draft for only mid season draft players is the best for the comp.

EDIT: We should also be able to pass picks if we would prefer to use that list spot for a RFA or FA.

Which ones?

We definitely have one coach who is an issue. I have tried communicating with them a number of times the past couple of weeks without response. It is almost to the point where something needs to be done. I will give them one last opportunity this week.

All the other coaches are ok - I know there were a couple of issues on the weekend, but that happens from time to time.

Iā€™m happy to play interim coach again if itā€™s required. Hopefully it isnā€™t though.

2 Likes

Okay. Lets just vote Bix out now.

3 Likes

For those interested weā€™re planning on releasing ā€œThe streakā€ to commemorate our 4 win undefeated streak to start the year.

2 Likes

:raising_hand_man:

Iā€™m in!

1 Like

So put a different way, does anyone object to reverse ladder order for a mid-season draft?

Well, I didnā€™t make any RFA requests the last couple of weeks because I wanted to protect my position for this round with the mid-season draft players.

I can certainly see the rationale for the mini draft idea but we should have decided on it earlier. The other thing is that the first coach with a selection might take a while to pickā€¦

To be honest though I donā€™t really mind either way - Iā€™ll definitely take a player who gets injured within a week whether I have pick 2 or 12

1 Like

Seems a bit late to decide, kind of lets the lower teams double dip on draft positionā€¦ in all honesty neither option is particularly fair, so shrug.

2 Likes

Reverse ladder order imo, pretty sure the lower teams need to double dip more than the top ones do. Can we do it reverse ladder order from last years final ladder? :cowboy_hat_face:

Iā€™m fine with reverse ladder draft. Plenty of FAā€™s left in the pool

1 Like

My thoughts.

Start the mini draft now on reverse ladder order and finish it before teams on Thursday.

Teams who decide to pick a player should have their RFA position updated, as thereā€™s only 13 players available, not everyone can pick up a player if they all get picked.

Teams will need to draft and delist in pairs (unless have LTI slot free)

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s actually a fair call. It a reasonable compromise that works for all. Only issue is how long we give coaches to make their choices.

Reverse order based on current ladder positions. No ruckmen are allowed to be taken until pick 5. Are there even any ruckmen?

No.

There is only one problem coach. They appear to have disappeared - non responsive to emails and not active on Blitz for the past month. I have sent another follow up email today questioning if they remain committed given the impact it is having on the 17 other coaches.

I donā€™t want to step on any toes, and I hope the coach in question does decided to continue.

However, if I do need to step in Iā€™d rather not miss out on a Mid Season draft player. Even if @redbull could select someone for that coach?

Iā€™m guessing itā€™s a team towards the bottom so it would need someone badly.