KEY BBFFL#2 DATES
Final trades to be finalised by 6pm 8 March
Squads to be trimmed to 20 by 10pm 9 March
Afternoon of 10 March a spreadsheet with available players will be circulated
Draft to commence no later than midday on 11 March
Draft to be completed by Tuesday 19 March
Partial Lockout for Round 1 at 7.20pm Thursday 21 March

2 Likes

Updated list. Looking for picks for remaining players.
Currently Jones is well set in my 20, while 2-3 of the others will make my keepers, but open to trading for most offers before list submission.

Pretty happy to bring in Cunico and Dawson. Both fit my building list profile well and are just reaching an age, 22, where they will start to blossom (or bomb out). Both showed positive signs last year pushing up for senior selection with a strong 3 year scoring trend at the lower level.

Dawson is a glorious kick and moves around the ground very well. I reckon he could fill Josh Kennedyā€™s shoes once he fills out a bit more. At 192 he is the prototype modern mid who takes an extra year or two to come on. If he turns into a medium size hit up half forward who takes marks, kicks and tackles it will not be the end of the world.

Cunico is a nice size for a small mid and has a strong frame. Showed an ability to finish well last year and Geelong isnā€™t exactly overflowing with young outside midfield talent. Will hopefully improve on his 14 games and 72 dt average from last year. I like his vfl numbers.

Im still a couple of years away from knowing the final outcome of these trades but I hope these two, if nothing else, make list lodgement time next year a bit trickier. For the third year in a row I had no troublw highlighting more than 10 delistees at a glance.

Itā€™s a pretty young midfield contingent with a bit of dual position flexibility.

Ross, Dunkley (C/f), harmes, Howe, Brodie, Aish(b/c), Cunningham (b/C), cunico and Dawson. With higgens Fogarty and Hayward likely to attract C status in the future and another high draft pick this year.

Hopefully within 2 years Iā€™ll have 6 Agrade mids from that lot.

One more iron in the fire for trade period unless something unexpected happens. But content with the list if Iā€™m done until draft time.

6 Likes

Good afternoon gents,

Sorry for my lack of communication so far this season, had a bit going on especially the last couple of weeks, but all is good now, thought Iā€™d put my team on show and give you a look at some slim pickings for trades, looking more-so for draft picks. My keepers can be prized away for a great deal and I still havenā€™t really decided on my final 20:

Projected Keepers-
Devon Smith FC 107
Jack Viney C 91
Tom Hawkins F 88 (open to offers)
Jack Billings F 85
Luke Dunstan C 83
Christian Petracca FC 81
Tom Stewart B 80
Tom Bellchambers R 80
Chris Masten BC 79 (open to offers)
Mark Hutchings C 77 (open to offers)
Darcy Parish FC 75
Adam Tomlinson C 74
Tom Langdon B 74
Charlie Curnow F 74
Tom Doedee B 73
Andrew McGrath BC 71
Nicholas Coffield B 56
Eric Hipwood F 56
Darcy Cameron R 27 (50/50)

Looking to delist/trade away-
David Myers C 78
Darcy MacPherson F 71
Tim Membrey F 69
Nick Holman F 64
Mark Baguley F 63
Darcy Gardiner B 60
Sam Mayes B 58
Nicholas Shipley C 22
Tom Nicholls R 0
Joe Atley C 0

Apologies to the PMā€™s I havenā€™t responded to, Iā€™ll get back to you asap. Welcome to the new coaches and thanks to the departing coaches. Looking forward to watching the lads again tonight and Fark Carlton.

2 Likes

Nice to see my new acquisition Jordan Dawson amongst the points in the first half.

Cunico didnā€™t get on the park last night so it balance out

I was keen to get a look at my last couple of potential keepers this weeked but unfortunatley most were unsighted.

Also I am still open for trades. Would even be open to trading one of my betters mids in return for strong scoring mid.

1 Like

These players are open to offers:

Marc Murphy C 97
Jack Steven C 97
Ben Cunnington C 94
Mitch Wallis FC 82
Jason Johannisen B 76
Ben Brown F 68
Lachie Henderson B 67
Darcy Lang FC 64
Majak Daw B 64
Marcus Adams B 62
Pearce Hanley B 60
Mitch Hannan F 60
Brandon Starcevich FC
Harley Bennell C 0
Jamie Elliott F 0

2 Likes

The draft order is now updated to reflect the trades completed to date. Please note I picked up an error in the 6th round of picks, this means that some of your picks in this round (between 91 and 108) may have been one position out. Apologies for this. - especailly to Birch19 and Ivan whoā€™s trade was directly impacted - the pick exchanged has fallen back one spot.

Likewise. Iā€™m not really any further advanced on a couple of decisions. Horlin Smith picked up an early ankle problem and whether it was that or just 1st game rustiness, really didnā€™t get into the match at all. Narkle didnā€™t get much of the hoped-for midfield time. Jordan Roughead yet to play. A couple of others just middling performances.

Hey guys, just looked at the draft dates and realised I might be in a spot of trouble as I am starting a new job on the 12th so the chances of me being able to do anything during business hours are pretty slim.

I will do my best to leave contingencies, but might cause a few delays, sorry in advance.

At this stage, Iā€™ve got no picks between 10 and 101, so will be happy to look after contingencies in that period for anyone that needs them.

EDIT: Never mind, I think they need to be set in the UF draft if iā€™m remembering correctly.

Yeah, I dont think a PMā€™d list will help unless also having UF log in details for the relevant selection.

I will check if there is an admin function to make selections for another coach.

Pretty certain there is, but I reckon we just let Birch pick all his picks at the end anyway.

2 Likes

If any of you coaches will like to leave Cā€™s with me then Iā€™ll be around a computer most of next week.

After I went to so much effort to move them up too :stuck_out_tongue:

You have certainly moved up the order. A very productive trade period. Clearly someone read my summation that my flag was built off trading!

To be honest if I couldā€™ve chosen to de-list less players I wouldnā€™t have traded anyone, but cā€™est la vie :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Having to only keep 20 players certainly does that. I look at some of the players I delisted or traded to shape my final 20 and have a number of what ifs.

Pick 2 and 20 are up for trades if I can get a deal done.

1 Like