BBL 14/15 Thread

This will be a very tough run chase. Need our openers to get off to a good start

Finch gone. KP holds on to it. Massive to get him early

1/20

Geez the renegades made hard work of that.

KP comes across pretty well.

I think there is a cricket thread somewhere

Yep. Worthy thread, but the hangers not the spot.

This belongs here… http://bomberblitz.com/discussion/categories/the-sports-bar

If there isn’t one already.

Just FTR, I found a way to enjoy the Hit & Giggle the other night, TV muted & some nice tunes playing. Turned out when I didn’t have to listen to the cockwombles pumping everything up like it was a world cup final, it was much more enjoyable.

Has been moved to the Sports Bar thanks @BLOODSTAINED DEVILS.

Well…

Kallis finished with 97 off 55 on debut with the bat along with a wicket with his second ball.

Pat Cummins looked good and looks fit. Picked up the final two wickets for the Thunder in “garbage time” to use a basketball term.

Thunder ended up winning by 55 runs on the back of Kallis’s 97 and Mr. Cricket himself scoring 96 off 60. The Thunder only losing one wicket in the process.

Also in other news, Flintoff debuted with no wickets off 2 overs going for 25 (12.50 an over) and a duck with the bat. (I’m sure some will be satisfied with this :P)

Kallis was extrodinary with the bat. Cummins looks to be in good nick too, hopefully he keeps that up. Id be going to the waca for the game against the strikers tomorrow but got me work ■■■■ up

LOL at Big Bash not being fit for the official cricket thread.

Anyway… I happened to tune in to see one of the most ridiculous shots in the history of cricket.

See the ball at the top of this picture? It landed about four foot over the line, with the fielder not even trying to touch it. And it didn’t bounce when it landed!

It was in the air for about 6.2 seconds, which puts the peak height at more than 50 metres (4 or 5 times what is shown here). As a guide, Docklands has 35 metres of clearance.

Hurricanes have been very poor tonight.

Dougherty cost us the game with his bowling. Very ordinary player.

Carberry would have to be one of the worst signings in BBL history.

He’s fkn horrible. We were in trouble when klinger went early. Sixes bowling attack is real, real good

I tell ya what though, your bowlers have turned this around WOB.

That was one hell of a reverse by Wessells.

Yep, game on now that wessels has gone!

Silk looks like a alpaca. How long is his neck haha

So the Melbourne teams are 0-5.

Qualifying system for the finals is still flawed - One should go through straight to the final - Two and 3 play off to make the final. You don’t want teams with 4/4 records making the final.

I’m not much of a 20/20 fan, but I had an enjoyable night at jihad tonight. Pattinson looked fantastic with the ball; I really hope he can stay fit and possibly come into ashes calculations.
Great to see quite a few bomber fans wearing red & black!

Hobart in Struggle Street against the Strikers in Adelaide, 8/104 after 17. Shaun Tait been in the zone with his yorkers, sell-out crowd in Adelaide too!

The old anti-jynx :wink:

Hurricanes getting absolutely pantsed by the Heat at home.

Absolute joke of a bowling attack to be honest. We hardly ever look like taking a wicket and might as well hire a tennis ball cannon to replace our bowlers.

Will need a mammoth effort from our batters to even get close to chasing this score down.