Ben Cousins Goes Ape (again)

Former AFL star Ben Cousins has reportedly been hospitalised after police were called to an incident on Perth’s Canning Highway.
Seven News Perth reported that the former West Coast and Richmond player, who has a history of drug abuse, was in the middle of Canning Highway in Como directing traffic.

He was eventually chased by police into bush near the Kwinana Freeway before being taken by ambulance to Fiona Stanley Hospital.

Cousins was reportedly incoherent and a witness told reporters at the scene that he attempted to jump on the back of someone’s motorcycle, almost causing the driver to lose control.

“He was really lost, confused, making no sense at all, one witness said. Seven or eight cop cars turned up left, right and centre. They even had the helicopter above us,” the witness told Seven News.

Another witness described more bizarre behaviour from Cousins in the lead up to his altercation with Western Australian police.

“He looked like a bit of a mess. His jeans were riding really low and he was running and sweating heaps,” the witness told Seven News.

The 2006 West Coast premiership player and 2005 Brownlow Medallist reportedly spent three hours with window washers just off the freeway before he decided to act as a traffic patrolman.

Cousins has a long history of drug and alcohol problems dating back to 2006 when he infamously fled a booze bus, also on the Canning highway, leaving his then girlfriend Samantha Druce in his car to face police.

This latest incident is one in a long line for the former AFL star, who in 2015 was charged with reckless driving and also assessed at a mental health facility in Perth after being caught behind secure fences at Perth’s Special Air Service Regiment.

I believe the patter
Let's take a survey. Seriously guys, WTF?

Drugs, alcohol and probably mental health issues It won’t be too much longer before we hear of his tragic passing imo.

This is just so incredibly sad.

Drugs, alcohol and probably mental health issues It won't be too much longer before we hear of his tragic passing imo.
I don't think there's much doubt about there being 'issues'. On the one hand people make their own beds, but it's sad when they completely lose the plot.

Got to get him out of Perth permanently.

Is it? The guy has had how many chances now? Emotional fatigue kicked in a long time ago.

Bexit.

sorry.

Is it? The guy has had how many chances now? Emotional fatigue kicked in a long time ago.

yeah I reckon he likes being an addict and losing control and being in the papers.

won’t make any difference Paz, none whatsoever

Poor old Benny is probably farked. Not many make it back from where he is.

To you people over ther B Cousins was a big deal but over here, he was the biggest deal there ever was. Within 10 years he has gone from the undisputed King of WA to freak show. I’ve never seen a bigger fall from grace. Reboot is right, he’d have squash ball sized holes punched through his brain and won’t ever fully recover. The sadness experienced by those around him must be unbearable.

1 Like

won’t make any difference Paz, none whatsoever

Yup.

Even if he was in a medical position to help himself, wherever he goes in Aust he’ll find someone who really wants to be his best mate and party with the famous guy.

Send him to Amish country, or Outer Mongolia, or somewhere else where nobody knows who he is and he MIGHT have the tiniest sliver of a chance. but probably not.

To you people over ther B Cousins was a big deal but over here, he was the biggest deal there ever was. Within 10 years he has gone from the undisputed King of WA to freak show. I've never seen a bigger fall from grace. Reboot is right, he'd have squash ball sized holes punched through his brain and won't ever fully recover. The sadness experienced by those around him must be unbearable.

Good timing for his Senate tilt then. We could do a lot worse in politics at the moment.

Dude would find drugs no matter where he was. Leaving Perth wouldnt help one little bit. Sadly, I think IT is right. Is only a matter of time until he finishes himself off. Just crazy how someone can go from being an absolute hero to nothing more than a cautionary tale.

He needs to go live in the bush of Patagonia for a few years, find solitude and peace. The gaping holes in his brain would make it impossible to recover in society.

Doesn’t he have a child?

Doesn't he have a child?

A couple doesn’t he

Doesn't he have a child?

A couple doesn’t he

Twice as sad.

He’s obviously mentally troubled. Surely he can be locked up somewhere.