Ben King

Jake King

This weekend we will get a Far King

2 Likes

Heā€™s young and worked on it. 10.1 pretty compelling

Joke king

1 Like

I donā€™t want either of the King brothers either. They can play and will only get better, but their prices would be too high. We are better off sticking with what we have now and developing Jones, plus the others we have on the list already.

4 Likes

All Iā€™ll say is, given the state of the rest of our list, if we did somehow manage to get Ben King, well then Iā€™d be Wayne King

2 Likes

Iā€™ll pay it.

YOU disgust me

6 Likes

But what would Jasmine say?

Basically the main component we need. Everything else will fall into place

Have seen a lot rhetoric saying ā€œoh we have Baldwin, Eyre, Brandā€ etc - these blokes long shots. Letā€™s be realistic. You donā€™t put your eggs in that basket, because most likely nothing substantial will come from them. Ben King into our side as well with natural list progression makes us a top 4 side within 24 months.

1 Like

She would go Live

2 Likes

Caddyfest and Shielapalooza will have nothing on this when he comes out of contract.

Seriously though, unless he has a severe form slump or gets caught up in a scandal, hes going to command 2x first rounders and $1m per year at the very minimum. Every vic club will make a play for him. And the ones that dont have the cap space will make the room.

Justā€¦ temper your expectations :relieved:

Nah

4 Likes

I hope the VFL season can run un impeded next year, and we put together a decent group of players to support our developing players.

We really need to see how much potential available in the likes of Brand, Eyre, Reid, Bryan, McBride & Baldwin, and where they may be best suited positional wise.

We will then have another season of Ben King at GCS, and what his likely cost will be if we consider him a necessity.
Interesting year coming up development wise for all these guys.

2 Likes

Can we change the thread title to ā€˜Kingā€™s Ransomā€™, already.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll freely admit I havenā€™t seen much of him as I only watch our matches, but I gotta say I wasnā€™t that impressed with him when we played GC. And Iā€™d be very wary about paying 2 first rounders for one player ever again (yes, Iā€™m aware we got a 2nd back with Shiel).

1 Like

What happens when Baldwin kicks 120 next year?

9 Likes

We spend two first round picks and million dollars a year bringing in King because thatā€™s what the people want, damn it. Bread and circuses, etc.

What about ā€œStand By Meā€?
(Ben E. King)

A Kingdon for a draft pick.