Ben King

Yep. Younger lists are at a big disadvantage with the disrupted VFL seasons. Suits an old team like old man Geelong

How good of a prospect is Baldwin?

Well if heā€™s kicked 120, pretty good.

11 Likes

The 2 best rookieā€™d key forwards I can think of are J-Pod (who was a mature ager) and Quinten Lynch so expectations should probably be tempered.

How about we wait and see how Harry Jones goes next year before dreaming up sell-the-farm scenarios ?

5 Likes

You forgot Aaron Davey at CHF.

3 Likes

The kings rule baby

Iā€™ve got to say I have some reservations about both King twins. Not that they arenā€™t, and will continue to be, very good players. But I just doubt how likely they are to mature into genuine big strong marking forwards. They are very athletic and very talented, no doubt. But will they ever fill out into strong bodied players? They both look pretty naturally skinny to me, not strong through the chest and shoulders. I see a likelihood of them becoming like say Hipwood, who is also a very good player. But Iā€™m not sure those sorts of player are worth 2 first rounders.
Itā€™s way too early to say whether Baldwin will be a player, but he has the potential, body wise and the way he is reputed to play (albeit on a very small sample), to be the type of strong forward that is needed to take contested marks and compete as a target forward.

1 Like

As much as he would be the perfect KPF partner to Jones, I just can see us doing it.

Unless we take our picks this year. Blow two firsts and a crap load draft picks in trading for King and Davey twin points deficit. We would be out of the draft for 2023.

So looking for a FA signing in 2023 then I guess.

They are already much more strongly built than Hipwood, and look like they both have great builds for the game by my eye.

1 Like

We should nit be Ben King for Ben King to come to us nixt Yir.

Interested at the right price but only in a Lynch to a Richmond kind of scenario. Not essential but nice to have.

I wonder how many other club forums have a Ben King threadā€¦ I imagine 17 :joy:

4 Likes

So Gold Coast have a forum/site?

1 Like

BigFooty has a GC section, itā€™s not well attended

His set shot kicking worries me. I donā€™t think the blood vessels in my brain would handle another key forward who sprays them everywhere

1 Like

Arenā€™t you thinking of Max ?

I think theyā€™re both wobbly, donā€™t like there techniques (which admittedly arenā€™t as horrendous as Joeā€™s )

Just checked.
Career ave 53.6 :grimacing:

2 Likes

As comparisonā€¦

Super super Tomahawk is 57.1
Even Tex is 54.1
Joe 48.1

Yeah so not great but not Joe either. What did Wright go at this year, what did Jones go at?