Ben Lennon

I haven't seen him play but someone in the player management world suggested to me he could be the next Josh Kennedy.

Please say it’s not Connors!

Anthony McConville (Carlisle’s manager). He was always pretty reasonable in his dealings it seemed.

Have known Ben since was he as a young fella. He grew up playing predominately as a key position forward that dominated the air while also pushing up the ground at times to provide some run, however he never grew to be an AFL key forward size and became more of a flanker. Has always had tremendous skills by foot and is a lovely mark of the ball however he isn't particularly quick off the mark nor does he have a big engine to cover the ground yet. He's had plenty of setbacks along the way dating back to his draft year including Glandular fever most recently, obviously not ideal when his goal was to get fitter aerobically. Having grown up playing at the same club as Hurls and the Langford he's pretty friendly with both those boys. As a player he's basically the anti Ambrose. Very natural sporting talent but has been held back by his body. I think he would've come on a lot better had he been drafted to another club and I'd say that's where the frustration may be coming from in the Lennon camp.

Hahahaha that’s not bad (and I am an Ambrose fan)!!

I’d give him an opportunity but I would only offer a third round selection.

2nd round in PSD for me

BRING HIM IN

I had him totally confused with Sam Lloyd. I think it was the dodgy facial hair.

He’s contracted, so Richmond would want #26 at the least you would think. I’d go no.

At draft combine:
Bottom 20% over 5m
Bottom 5% in agility test
Bottom 25% of 3km run
Beep in mid 13s
Bottom 10% of standing vertical jump
Bottom 50% of running jump

He's contracted, so Richmond would want #26 at the least you would think. I'd go no.

At draft combine:
Bottom 20% over 5m
Bottom 25% of 3km run
Beep in mid 13s

If they wanted pick 26 I’d nope the ■■■■ out of there so fast I’d be top 5% in the 20m sprint.

They do a 5 metre sprint??

I haven't seen him play but someone in the player management world suggested to me he could be the next Josh Kennedy.

surely josh Kennedy was the next josh Kennedy

He's contracted, so Richmond would want #26 at the least you would think. I'd go no.

At draft combine:
Bottom 20% over 5m
Bottom 25% of 3km run
Beep in mid 13s

and yet he has a natural football brain and generally has that ability to find space, very good hands and above average footskills

timed running is not particularly important when it comes to football games

At draft combine:
Bottom 20% over 5m
Bottom 25% of 3km run
Beep in mid 13s

Those results indicate that he was made for Richmond.
They measure the 5m point of the 20m sprint I believe.

At draft combine:
Bottom 20% over 5m
Bottom 25% of 3km run
Beep in mid 13s

And despite those results he was drafted very high, I think looking at that is looking for a reason not to pick him

Parish-esque.

I rated him pre draft. Would be stoked to get him for cheap. As I said, do the whole “nominate” thing, get him to say EFC or nought.

At draft combine:
Bottom 20% over 5m
Bottom 25% of 3km run
Beep in mid 13s

And despite those results he was drafted very high, I think looking at that is looking for a reason not to pick him

Yeah but he was drafted by Richmond so…

At draft combine:
Bottom 20% over 5m
Bottom 25% of 3km run
Beep in mid 13s

assuming he plays like josh kennedy, i wouldn’t be too concerned about any of those except the beep test. you’d want his endurance to be better, but i doubt kennedy excels at any of the others

any chance you have josh kennedy’s stats from the combine for those same categories?

That’s long distance for me.

I’d rather Conca.