Ben Roberts-Smith Laptop Repair Service

Contextual truth is still balance of probabilities? Sorry non lawyer question.

Yeah it’s the civil standard - but with regard to the imputations that BRS murdered a civilian and, as a result, is a criminal, the judge found that the news orgs had established their substantial truth

1 Like

lmao

that headline is like a kid who found a loophole for swearing and has just gone troppo

10 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Ummmmmmm… how did I get involved in this?

9 Likes

BRS burner account confirmed

6 Likes

Standard of proof is probability, but according to some legal expert interviewed on the box, the burden of proof in defamation pretty much falls on the respondent. He was surprised that the respondents met the burden of proof on all counts.

1 Like

What do you all think about the “noise” that BRS should be stripped of his VC?

Crimes that he may have committed aside, it doesn’t erase the actions that earned the award. And the VC isn’t a Fairest & Best award.

Thoughts?

If the Commonwealth decides to persecute him and he’s found guilty, they will strip the VC almost certainly.
This (concluded) case probably isn’t enough to do that.

2 Likes

Some might say he shouldn’t have got it in the first place, there are a variety of opinions.

It’s fascinating.

It’s ■■■■■■ on many, many, many levels.

3 Likes

Jacqi Lambie is out to get General Campbell, who was commanding in Afghan at the time.
Following the Brereton report, Campbell had written to some soldiers asking why they should not be striped of their unit’s Afghan medals. Others are asking why Campbell shouldn’t be stripped of his campaign medals.
Now that her vote in the Senate is no longer important, she is carving out a new role for herself as a champion of the troops.

this is a real life
YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
moment

3 Likes

3 Likes

Actions by war criminals undermine the work that the ADF do and instigate further conflict both directly and indirectly. Had the SAS instead built communities rather than murder their innocent farmers and paraplegics, less Afghanis would have been driven to fight for the Taliban.

Maybe I’m simplifying it too much, but I don’t believe someone with this many crimes should be awarded our highest honour.

9 Likes

the bin juice person can keep his shiny badges

3 Likes

15 Likes

Took me a while to work this acronym out.

You’ve got to be so careful these days

1 Like