Ben Rutten - Back to the grindstone (Part 1)

Terry Daniher isn’t too bad of a consolation prize.

7 Likes

Mark Eustice presented Hind with his #19 jumper. Before my time but I know his back story from when he was on Open Mike. Days like this would be brilliant for him to reconnect with the club and make him feel valued. He looks well, physically at least. I hope he’s found inner peace…

7 Likes

I appreciate that you went to “worked for” and not “arrested by” :joy:

1 Like

And Ricky Dyson has not trained off whatsoever. Looks fantastic!

That is what this meeting with past players and champions was all about, creating a new moment. It starts with the message from Sam Draper above.

Hoping that l am not getting you wrong, but many other clubs would kill to have a history as rich and storied as ours. Lift your game!

3 Likes

Gotta say, Scotty Cummings looked like he had actually slimmed down a bit.

1 Like

A couple of them look in really good shape

Dyson
McPhee
Jobe

All look like they could play tomorrow

Rioli.

4 Likes

Play him out of the square?

1 Like

Dustin?

1 Like

Only if you placed him in the middle of it.

Was Merrett at the guernsey presentation? Who presented his?

LEROY

7 Likes

It’s not like the team with them sidelined was winning finals either though.

Who presented Stewart’s?

Lalich? Nash?

#17 is a very proud number for us

1 Like

Steve Carey, 1985 premiership player.
17 cops a lot of flak on here, and probably justified, but 20 should cop more. Especially in modern times.

3 Likes

One S Carey is prepared to remind you.

And in case you’re a bit young, a reminder that the Duckworth & Carey combination was the toughest and most terrifying half back flanker pairing of the last 50 years.
The chant in the outer at the time was “if one doesn’t get you the other will” and they were rarely disappointed.

11 Likes

Yeah. This is a nice photo opp, but really I couldn’t care less.

It that we fielded an actual ruck. First use of the ball looks great when you haven’t had it for a while.

Sorry but does this mean that the club has held a jumper presentation when half the team wasn’t there?