Ben Rutten - Back to the grindstone (Part 1)

dam iv missed mcphee

1 Like

Without Ricky Dyson, one of the greatest moments in the last 20 years of the Essendon Football Club wouldn’t have happened. It was him that nailed the shot from 50 on the boundary that started the roll on that finally led to Zaharakis kicking the winning goal against Collingwood with seconds left in the game. Without Ricky being ice cold and slotting that shot like it was any other, we lose that game.
Not every player can be Zaharakis on that day, but it was players like Ricky Dyson that got him that shot at glory.

37 Likes

That was a ripper kick!!!

8 Likes

And the players are buying into what Truck is trying to achieve. Fantastic!

12 Likes

Great seeing Draper and Don McKenzie together. Hope Draper picked up a few tips and a lot of history from him.

5 Likes

We need a replay

1 Like

Looks like humans are getting smaller

What, like this

4 Likes

It’s all good banging on about the past like we have been spruiking for the last 15+ years … like the 84-85 premiership celebrations years on seemed to have gone of for years … but what I wanna see is some history I don’t have to turn to a VHS to look for.

I like what we are doing , don’t get me wrong but time to create some new moments.

3 Likes

So Walla snatching victory from the jaws of defeat against Nth Melbourne 2 years ago wasn’t a moment? You can’t win a flag every year, but it never hurts to remind the players why they are there. It isn’t just a job after all, it is all about history, both the clubs, and if you are good enough, yours.

11 Likes

CUB getting there monies worth there.

For what it’s worth Carlton draft is only drinkable in a pint, at a bar, while at a game. It’s cat’s ■■■■ in a stubby

1 Like

how good was Lovett in the last 3 mins,

2 Likes

5 Likes
25 Likes

4 Likes

@Wanderlust I never knew you worked for the NYPD. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Would have been the prefect time for the club to welcome back Sir James

5 Likes

Not really tbh. His son was playing his first ever game and was only interested in watching him. Jumper presentation was on at the same time as Tom playing

2 Likes

This poor ■■■■ is going to be ripped to fkn shreds by the fans after a couple of games.

We all know it.

2 Likes

Seeing Scott Lucas (and to a lesser extent, Lloyd) struggle in this game was difficult to watch. They both managed to play some decent games afterwards, but it was clear that the game had passed them by that day

2 Likes