Ben Rutten - Back to the grindstone (Part 2)

Bens staying. Just accept it. This club does everything in half measures.

2 Likes

The ironical thing is when Rutten came to the club, he was supposed to bring the Richmond secret herbs and spices. The thing is Dodoro had recruited the wrong players for the Richmond method to work. We had 15 years of recruiting kids from good families.
So what we got was a bastard child. Where Dimma got 25 games per season of total buy in to an uncompromising attack on the ball and the man, we got it some of the time, from a bunch of kids who really donā€™t buy into it 100%.

I am not sure how we undo this without gutting the playing group and bringing in 22-30 tough uncompromising players. I guess we will have to leave it to Clarko to figure out how to turn it around after Rutten tried to clone Richmond.

Ben Rutten, sack to the grindstone?

While I think of it, what happened to the inspirational transfer of Richmond defensive IP, when Alex ā€œThe Goatā€ Rance was coaching the players at the start of the season ?

What we got was really poor defence/ team defence from Round 1.

Honestly. Just want going to the footy to be fun again. Only footy Iā€™ve enjoyed this year has been the VFLW.

Sunday night was rock bottom. Spinelessā€¦ gutless and so bad I couldnā€™t even care. If my kids told me theyā€™ve decided to cheer for someone else. I would understand.

Every person thatā€™s put is in this situation needs to leave. Coachā€¦ CEOā€¦ Recruitingā€¦ both the place down.

1 Like

He is coaching as hard as possible for the next 5 days!

Anyone know if they are training today?

Oh absolutely. There will be further board changes, but I think a lot of them switched their support away from Brasher pretty easily so Iā€™d say that they will continue to stay on and fall into line. Based on joining the various dots, Iā€™m very confident in saying that yesterday was 3-4 months in the making and so is our play for Clarkson. I doubt itā€™s late. Why hasnā€™t Clarkson signed with NMFC yet? Clearly because there is a bigger and better opportunity that needed some things to happen before it could actually happen.

2 Likes

Jeez, donā€™t get me started . I am suffering from PTSD from Sunday. Ports Total and Systematic Destruction ( of Essendon)

I even heard fans calling out ā€œtraining drillā€ during the game! Will Richmond be doing Training Drills on Saturday Night ? Does the AFL want to move the game to Marvel for want of spectator numbers? Or will all of the Richmonds 100,000 members turn up, sensing blood in the water?

1 Like

this is BORING

someone do something

3 Likes

4 Likes

Boost post

If we rip Clarkson from the grasp of Norf they will be farking out of their mind with fury.
They already have a complete river red gum on their shoulder about the EFC.
So. Good.

1 Like

I still think there is time to stuff this up. The deep sceptic, forged through watching us stuff up most things over the last decade, remains alive and well.

Clako to Norf.

Ben stays on.

Essington continues.

Lid on.

1 Like

We havenā€™t even done it yet and they are losing their minds Iam honestly enjoying reading there big footy thread more than anything

not only that, but thereā€™s enough noise now about players bad habits that have been allowed to fester for too long.
thereā€™d only be one way if rutten stayed that he could change all that, and thatā€™s dropping the main culprits , but they are starting 22 players and he wouldnā€™t be able to handle the backlash of doing so.
so you then run the risk of those bad habits spreading even moreso than they have now.

2 Likes

Why wouldnā€™t they be? Its supposed to be a professional sporting organisation.

Iā€™m not reading any north stuff until it happens. If we somehow pull it off Iā€™ll spend a whole night scrolling through starting from Sunday night.

my employer just asked when i proposed to start working again.

17 Likes
2 Likes