Ben Rutten - Back to the grindstone (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from Ben Rutten - Back to the grindstone (Part 1) - #10047 by Rom.

Previous discussions:

1 Like

Did we win yet?

1 Like

Every chance of being 1-12

I donā€™t give fck thatā€™s itā€™s Ruttens second year in charge thatā€™s coaching sacking material imo. afl is a win/loss business no coach survives when the lā€™s stack up

If we donā€™t start looking even semi competent when defending by the end of the year, I could honestly see him struggling to hold on to his job.

3 Likes

With Clarkson waiting on the sidelines it will be hard to,to not pull the trigger

Clarkson head coach

Ross Lyon the Mark Williams role

I guarantee with those two in charge we will no longer see pea heart efforts when defending

3 Likes

Clarkson would be an unmitigated disaster. Hard no

17 Likes

Why would he be a disaster?

1 Like

Weā€™d be getting the slops of Hawthorn.

1 Like

Not sure about that

Rather have Dimma back

3 Likes

If so he canā€™t bring his Richmond style will have to come up with something new

Clarkeā€™s style is pretty redundant now.

Clarkson right now will be evolving him self to keep up with the trends of the game.

wouldnā€™t have been sitting on the couch this whole time doing nothing. he would be studying other sports/tactics that he could use as a coach

2 Likes

Heā€™s in the USA - he was at the Warriors game the other day.

1 Like

the fact people are warming to getting ross the boss lyon shows we have gone to a really dark place as a club and fanbase

margins would be the same, except weā€™d kick maybe 1 goal.

12 Likes

If Truck fails spectacularly this season then maybe Brendan Goddard ā€¦ why not? He cares about this club and where weā€™re at right now (currently up ā– ā– ā– ā–  creek without a paddle in a barbed wire canoe called a game plan).

Weā€™d have to clear a few bodies at Board level to see it happen I suspect.

5 Likes

Heā€™s been the most revolutionary coach, perhaps ever. This is a ridiculous statement.

Clarkson has been to the US multiple times to catch up with NBA coaches and to learn about coaching in different sports.

2 Likes

Yet they didnā€™t entrust him to manage the newly developing list.

Hawks,Swans(A) and Richmond.

We so aint winning any of them.

Then Port away, the bye and Carlton.

:joy:

Gimme that top 2 draft pick now!

Heā€™s struggling to hold it now