Ben Rutten - sacked

Rumours of players going to Ruttens house don’t surprise me… but they do confirm what I suspected and posted about this morning.

Rutten had made the classic blunder of trying to align himself WITH the players (lower level employees) rather than helping them see that he was their biggest SUPPORTER but ultimately HE was there as a representative of management to drive results.

A coach should be loved by his players… but also feared… and respected… a good boss is the one that makes a really tough call that you really want to hate them for… but you can’t because you know that it was the right call. So even if you are angry… you have complete faith in them to be doing the right thing.

If our players truly loved this coach… we wouldn’t have seen the absolute garbage they have produced for 90% of this season. I disagree with our new president… it is not just about wins and losses… it is also about what those wins and losses look like. I can handle losing… we are a young team on a rebuild but we weren’t losing because of that… we were losing because we weren’t putting the required effort in and our tactics were wrong. big difference.

Rutten was absolutely not up to the job and if the players truly cared… the result would be different… potentially they are going around to try and calm their guilt at stealing a wage this year.

28 Likes