Best 22 in 2014

The fact that people are arguing how to fit certain players into the team is a good sign.

Missed the obvious one - Davey to CHF.

Strong teams. Augers well. Strong tough back line, good midfield, forward line needs a system…something different to kick it high and long.

Need to play to our strengths, which is joe D coming out from the square. No one in his way.

Unstoppable.

Kommer definitely best 22. Especially after a full pre-season.

Desperately need some pacey types to step up (Browne, Colyer, Edwards ...) to improve line breakability and defensive pressure.

B: Baguley Carlisle Fletcher

HB: Hibberd Hooker Dempsey

C: Stanton Watson Goddard

HF: Winderlich Hurley Zaharakis

FF: Chapman Daniher Bellchambers

RR: Ryder Heppell Hocking

I: Melksham Myers Howlett SUB: Kommer

E: Merrett Edwards Pears

All seems a bit safe for mine! (just a general comment, not you B08)

I wanna get excited, like:

• NOB for Hocking
  • KAV! or Ashby in the first 22

Desperately need some pacey types to step up (Browne, Colyer, Edwards ...) to improve line breakability and defensive pressure.

Dalgleish?

Good looking list isn't it! thumbs_up_smiley.gif

I think Hams will be in the best 22 by the end of the year.

B: Baguley Carlisle Fletcher
HB: Hibberd Hooker Dempsey
C: Stanton Watson Goddard
HF: Winderlich Hurley Zaharakis
FF: Chapman Daniher Bellchambers
RR: Ryder Heppell Hocking
I: Melksham Myers Howlett SUB: Kommer
E: Merrett Edwards Pears

This is still a relatively young team which from a demographic perspective probably aligns with premiership teams over the last few years. There are only 2 players over 30 on our list going into 2014 presuming Davey is delisted. Hawthorn and Sydney the last couple of years had older teams on grand final day.
We need one or two bolters like Brown or Kav! or Merrett to really step up and improve to put pressure on guys like Myers, Howlett Bags Kommer. Also need Heppell, Hibbard and Melks to continue to improve attaché same level and become A Grade. Heppell is tracking that way Hibbard is getting close and Melks to me became a very solid B grader trending to B+.
We had a reasonable run with injuries this yea. Let's hope that we can have a great run next year. If we do then we will be pushing top 4.

I like this thread just cos it constantly reminds me we got Shaun Edwards.

Doe!

yes! a replacement GUMB pic!

Am I doing it right?

Yup, that looks like an Essendon kick into the forward line.

Yup, that looks like an Essendon kick into the forward line.

Where's Davey?

Give Alex Browne a game. I have a feeling he is the type who would flourish at a higher level. Not sure where he would fit in unfortunately.

Gleeson the new Caracella

Daniher is not there yet. I get a bit tired of people talking about him as the new saviour. . He shouldn’t be gifted games ahead of anyone else. He will be there, but he is not there yet.