Best 22 in 2014

Am I doing it right?

Looks exactly like the "under" he gave away in Ireland…

Daniher is not there yet. I get a bit tired of people talking about him as the new saviour. . He shouldn't be gifted games ahead of anyone else. He will be there, but he is not there yet.

Sorry but fark that.

2nd year player, body cant be as slender as Gumb's is, or Carlisle's was when he was starting out.
He is not being gifted games.
His VFL form seems to indicate he is at least on the cusp of best 22 selection, and his senior performances showed there is enough talent and ability, even with his body, to actually make some sort of an impact this early in his career.

I fail to see why we shouldn't expect 10+ games and 20+ goals. Not saviour levels, but a very solid contribution.

Daniher is not there yet. I get a bit tired of people talking about him as the new saviour. . He shouldn't be gifted games ahead of anyone else. He will be there, but he is not there yet.

"gifted games" ?

JD wont be playing VFL anymore mate, the only way he will develop will be getting senior games under his belt.

Im hoping we can get 130gls from him in 2014

When it comes to the second permanent kpf slot, after today there IS no-one else.

Boooo!!! We're not even really in the pre season yet champ. Plenty of time to rain on the parade in 2014. For the time being I'm happy to feed him a couple of sides of beef and give him the benefit of your doubt.

■■■■ good team no room for crameri

B: Baguley, Carlisle, Fletcher

HB: Dempsey, Hooker, Hibberd

C: Stanton, Watson, Heppell

HF: Zaharakis, Hurley, Winderlich

F: Kommer, Bellchambers, Chapman

R: Ryder, Goddard, Hocking

INT: Myers, Howlett, Melksham, Colyer

EM: Merrett, Pears, Daniher

That is solid. Really happy with that back six, the midfield options are pretty deep if we can have Myers, Howlett and Melky on the bench as well as Zaka on a forward flank rotating through there. Forward line is the issue, a fit Hurley should be able to produce at least 40 goals in a full season, and Belly averaged 2 goals a game (28 in 14) and is a much improved goal scoring option. Chappy a great signing, if Licha stays on the park for 17-18 games that is a bonus. Lot of ifs and buts in attack, and they will determine how we go next year with our ability to kick decent totals. Anyone worried about us need only look at the various best 22s in here to realise we have lots of talent on the list.

B: Baguley, Carlisle, Fletcher
HB: Dempsey, Hooker, Hibberd
C: Stanton, Watson, Heppell
HF: Zaharakis, Hurley, Winderlich
F: Kommer, Bellchambers, Chapman
R: Ryder, Goddard, Hocking
INT: Myers, Howlett, Melksham, Colyer
EM: Merrett, Pears, Daniher
That is solid. Really happy with that back six, the midfield options are pretty deep if we can have Myers, Howlett and Melky on the bench as well as Zaka on a forward flank rotating through there. Forward line is the issue, a fit Hurley should be able to produce at least 40 goals in a full season, and Belly averaged 2 goals a game (28 in 14) and is a much improved goal scoring option. Chappy a great signing, if Licha stays on the park for 17-18 games that is a bonus. Lot of ifs and buts in attack, and they will determine how we go next year with our ability to kick decent totals. Anyone worried about us need only look at the various best 22s in here to realise we have lots of talent on the list.

like Kommer in that forward pocket, provides the pressure to keep it in our f50 and allows the others to attack, sorry Froggy

best HB line in the comp.

If Hurls and Licha are fully fit and in form come finals time we are in it up to our ears.

Thats it... Right on that little c@#%, Seedmans head.

B: Fletcher Carlisle Baguley

HB: Dempsey Hooker Hibberd

C: Stanton Watson Zaharakis

HF: Goddard Hurley Chapman

F: Winderlich Daniher Bellchambers

R: Ryder Hocking Heppell

I/C: Melksham, Myers, Howlett, Kommer

Emg: Pears, Colyer, Merrett, Kavanagh, etc

If these 3 can somehow stay on the park, we will be a very strong force next year.

Our best mids, Watson, Goddard,Heppell, Hocking- are relatively slow.

Therefore we have to have pace on a couple different lines, which the above side does perfectly.

Throw in a fit Hurley, and improved forward line dynamic/cohesion, and the recipe for a premiership cake

is just about there.

Baguley Carlisle Fletcher

Hibberd Hurley Dempsey

Gleeson Watson Zaharakis

Goddard Thorpe Edwards

Belly Daniher Chapman

Ryder Heppell Hocking

Hams, Melksham, Colyer, Winderlich

Hooker in when Fletch needs a rest

Start 2014

B: Baguley Hooker Fletcher

HB: Dempsey Carlisle Hibberd

C: Stanton Watson Goddard

HF: Chapman Hurley Winderlich

F: Merret Daniher Kommer

I/C: Zaharakis, Myers, Melksham, Bellchambers

Man thats getting tough!

So many players i would like to be in, but are just outside at the moment.

I can see so many player that will be possibly being best 22 by the end of the year. 

Pears will take over from fletcher, Howlett, Browne, NOB, Kav, Colyer are all possible players that can step in and impact.

Plus we have two completely unknowns that can with a couple of preseasons under their belt that could play R1.

Add to that there is always a 2nd-3rd year player that has a big preseason and suddenly bobs up demanding at spot, Ashby, Gleeson etc 

In doing the side i think Chapman slots in very nicely, exactly the type of forward we need.

Fletcher will keep playing until his Son is ready to step up into his role, so Pears will be diced.

Think it’s really, really important this coming season, that no matter who the fictional “best 22” is, we get time into the next lot down - looking like Browne, Kav, Dalgleish, NOB, maybe Hams, Del and Edwards, and hopefully a tall forward or ruck yet to be drafted.

So we build a solid 30. Which is what you need to win a flag.

I’ll be ■■■■■■ if those guys only manage 4 games each which is basically what happened this year.

Think it's really, really important this coming season, that no matter who the fictional "best 22" is, we get time into the next lot down - looking like Browne, Kav, Dalgleish, NOB, maybe Hams, Del and Edwards, and hopefully a tall forward or ruck yet to be drafted.
So we build a solid 30. Which is what you need to win a flag.
I'll be ■■■■■■ if those guys only manage 4 games each which is basically what happened this year.

If we don't have a minimum of 2 of those guys banging the door down and becoming semi regulars (minimum 10 games) then our medium term future is not looking good.

B: Baguley Carlisle Fletcher
HB: Hibberd Hooker Dempsey
C: Goddard Watson Heppell
HF: Winders Hurley Kommer
F: Ryder Daniher Chappy
R: Belly Hocking Zaka
B: Stanton Melksham Howlett (s) Myers
Hard not to get pumped about our prospects next year. Plenty of very AFL capable players left out, competition for spots will be fierce. And if this year was anything to go by the selection committee will keep picking a young player each week to give them exposure to senior footy.
Even with the current list we really will have some excellent depth in every area as well except in ruck (which will address in the drafts) but if by chance one of Ryder or Belly went down Daniher could fwd/ruck and we could just restructure and get Carlisle fwd and bring Pears/Van Unen in or just play a smaller fwd line in general and perhaps let Goddard/Hardy/Edwards be 3rd tall.
Here's hoping Hurls luck turns, JD can get his jitters under control and kick straight, and the pacy trio Winders, Demps, Zaka can stay on park, if that happens, look out.
Lid off. Start lining up for GF tickets.

My best 22 is the aggregate best 22 of the rest of this thread plus Dell.

Too much focus on balanced sides for mine. Round 1 first bounce, I want Watson, Goddard and Chappy starting in the middle just for ■■■■■ and giggles.

I think everyone on here has a fairly common on what the best 22 is.

Basically:

B: Baguley Carlisle Fletcher

HB: Hibberd Hooker Dempsey

C: Goddard Watson Stanton

HF: Zaharakis Hurley Merrett

F: Winderlich Daniher Chapman

Int: Bellchambers Myers Melksham Howlett Kommer Pears Colyer Kavanagh Browne Dalgleish

Even with the loss of Crameri, our list in awesome shape. All it takes is a few of the fringe players like Colyer, Kavanagh, Daniher, Merrett and Dalgleigh to have breakout seasons similar to the one Melksham just had and we are right up there in the race for the premiership.

has it been so long since we were a contender that people have forgotton what you do when you are a shot at a flag?

I understand that we need to develop players for the future, but we have been doing that for a long time, the future as far as a flag is concerned is this year, next, and the year after. 

So, we play our best side and never mind the bollocks. If any of those fringe kids get a game it should be because their form is better than someone else in the 22.