Best 22 - Round 2

Francis in before Hurley IMO. How many times is Hurley beaten compared to Francis. Hurley was bordering on being a liability last half of last year, Francis just beat his man. Not understanding why this is even a query, one is on the up, one is on the slide

2 Likes

A player I’ve noticed has put on substantial size from last year and has already shown a strong football nous…one to watch during the upcoming rounds…Brayden Ham! :wink:

10 Likes

This kid was just behind Welsh in the u18 B&F. I reckon he is going to be a very good player in a couple of years.

I picked my team based on who I think that coaches will pick. Knowing our club, Cutler & Zaka will get the opportunity ahead of Ham. I don’t think we can play 3 winger types. Ham will become more than that though, as he doesn’t mind the contest.

Best 22?
Or best 22 available for rd 2?

Available

Clearly Hepp, Fantasia and Joe would be in the best 22 if available.

To compare, AFL has Francis as losing 2 of 2 defensice one on ones this year.

I can’t get 2019 stats up (on mobile) but career, 28.6% losses for Francis vs 29.9% for Hurley.

Neither are great 1:1 players (Hurls used to be better). Both look as though they lack muscle. Hooker and Ambrose are the best 1:1 defenders we have. Zerk may get there given he is still young, but was given a bath by Kennedy in the practice match earlier this year. Ridley will be ok, but not up against the big bodied forwards for obvious reasons.

We need to start looking at young lockdown defenders IMO. Ridley & Francis are more your third man up defenders who will accumulate a lot of the ball. We are totally reliant on Zerk developing currently. Hooker and Ambrose wouldn’t have many years left at an elite level.

We need a monster like Rutten was.

1 Like

Is stewart ready to play? i think smack + stewart would be a really good combo hard to stop both of em

Smack does a pretty good job of stopping Smack, roughly 2 weeks out of every 3.

3 Likes

As far as I’m concerned, Hooker’s done as a defender. He doesn’t have the mobility any more.
Happy for him to plug a hole forward for 2020, then hopefully he calls it.

Culter and Ham for me. Zaha - meh.

Reckon that Ham could turn into a very good AFL player. Great prospect.

1 Like

They guys back was screwed late in the year. Surely you’re not basing your assessment on that time?

1 Like

I like it but I think McKenna might be another week away…

Biggest mistake we can do against the Bin Chickens, is go in too tall as a team, and too many players that are underdone, softish or inexperienced key backs, therefore:

B Hurley Ambrose Saad
HB Ridley Frances Redman
C Cutler McGrath Ham
HF Tippa Smack Smith
F Townend Hooker Stringer

Rucks TBC Clarke Shiel

Bench Cutler, Parish, Stewart, Merrett

Emer: Mosquito, Guefi, Zaha, Gleeson, Langford, Phillips, Zerk-Thatcher

Injured: Heppell, Daniher, Irish, Draper, McBride

Thats a tough running team to smash into the young Bin Chickens, a team that has more experience than the Bin Chickens. Clarke to reduce Kennedy’s influence, Hurley, Ambrose and Francess to test out their young KPFs. Stewart to spend time on the wing to spin out the Bin Chickens brains trust and back up for Hooker & Smack.

Several players unlucky…their time will come around quick enough. Its gunna be tough to stay in the team for the whole year, and I reckon we will be managing players through out the year anyway.

I’d play Ambrose on Kennedy.

I like that the ruckman is to be confirmed.
Can’t be too hasty.

6 Likes

It’s a big ask for Cutler.
Hope he’s up to it.

Universe_Brain.Jpg

What happened to McBride?

Just out of hibernation isn’t he