Best Female Rock Singers

Weighing in a bit late here but I totally agree.

1 Like

Mayu from Nemophila.

1 Like

In the old days the extended versions of songs were usually called The Dance Mix. This one is more interesting than most of those mixes which usually detracted from the original song. l feel this one still takes the power of the original song and waters it down a little with the inserted instrumental break.

1 Like

2 Likes

How did you do that? It is so cool…

Mick Jagger / Tina Turner - State Of Shock / It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll (Live Aid 1985)

1 Like

Curiously that is the first time l have seen that clip. There is a very early performance by Tina (somewhere in the 1970’s, with Jagger watching on. At the end of a scintillating performance Mick said, “Sometimes it’s just good to see a woman…”)

1 Like

Seen this song? Hard to believe they are both gone…

Tina Turner - Tonight (with David Bowie) [Live]

Amy is pretty good.

Haven’t seen these guys (girls) play live, but would like to.

Strong language R18+

2 Likes

And a few classics to round it off.

1989 Tina Turner promo (Warning: Rugby League)

Jimmy Barnes & Tina Turner - (Simply) The Best (Official Video)

Taylor Momsen is a pretty good Rock singer. Mezzo soprano with a dash of gravel.

3 Likes

This one may have been overlooked thus far. Studio recording overdubbed on video, but a great song from a great artist.

3 Likes

I like it, I’m guessing you’re never going to hear that on commercial radio.

1 Like

Saw her at the Palais Theatre some years ago. It was a fantastic performance and her voice just filled the room.

2 Likes

I saw her there also. I rate her first album as one of the all-time great debuts, it has everything.

3 Likes

I love watching and listening to Pink. I took my Daughter to her concert in Melbourne in 2009 and was immediately a fan. This is not rock, but I love the moment with her Dad.

https://www.themusicman.uk/pink-duet-dad/?gg](https://www.themusicman.uk/pink-duet-dad/?gg&fbclid=IwAR24txXa-0Id7Y1nJhFPJlRs53YMJWW2OwdTLPY91XQEW8MR6SqRVAq281g

‘90s nostalgia alert!!!

These 2 are perfect together. +1 for the festival crowd vibe.

8 Likes

Saiki Atsumi is the queen of rock singers.

Who?