Best horror scenes/moments in Movies

If you don't like being scared, then probably best to leave this thread now.

I love a good horror movie, a good fright every now and then.. though unfortunately these days they're too few and far between, especially given how desenstised we've all become now to everything. So, what are your fave horror movies/scenes in movies or anywhere that scared you at some point?

Two of my fave horror movies ever are, 'Sinister' and the almost unknown 'Poughkeepsie Tapes'. Both are terrifying, and had a horror buff who usually laughs at movies like Paranormal activity closing my eyes.

This first scene is truly horrifying, whilst the second is just plain creepy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEVef9o-LeI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p766kZ7wT7Q

Good luck sleeping if you watched that first scene at night. That ■■■■ scarred me.

The Exorcist is still my yardstick for this stuff. Saw it on telly recently for the umpteenth time in like 35 years,  still chilled the crap out of me.

Too many scenes to pick one, but the "help me" from under the skin springs to mind.

• Alien (John Hurt stomach break open scene)
  • Exorcist

Any number of scenes, but I’ll go with Regan head 360 scene.

Bed levitation scene is pretty cool ,when both priests are yelling “the power of Christ compels you” !
  • The Ring

Scene where she comes out of the TV.

That’s all for now, more tomorrow.

1999 Prelim probably qualifies as a horror movie…yes ?

Oh, and this…( shivers down the spine )

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rkcGm-pWwsQ

Classic

http://youtu.be/VwRG2qpEwl4

I love a good horror movie, a good fright every now and then.. though unfortunately these days they're too few and far between, especially given how desenstised we've all become now to everything. So, what are your fave horror movies/scenes in movies or anywhere that scared you at some point?

Two of my fave horror movies ever are, 'Sinister' and the almost unknown 'Poughkeepsie Tapes'. Both are terrifying, and had a horror buff who usually laughs at movies like Paranormal activity closing my eyes.

What did the lawnmower run over?

Sinister in general scared the crap out of me.

But I still think the opening to Scream was awesome. Drew Barrymore, who you think is going to be the main character and then she's dead in the first 10 minutes. I knew, even at the time, that it wasn't particularly original, but for my generation it was I guess. Drew Barrymore, the little girl from ET, getting hung from a tree with her insides on the outside in the first 10 minutes. Scream scared me so much that I wasn't scared of anything for ages. I was numb.

And laugh at me all you want but Paranormal Activity had some genuinely scary bits for me. Shadows on doors, ghosts whispering names. Was probably scarier because I'd just moved out by myself. And the last 10 minutes of PA3 I can't even think about it freaks me out too much.

And then there's Insidious where the creepy little boy is dancing to the old music in the living room.

Generally movies don’t scare me.

What does scare the living ■■■■ out of me walking through a very good Haunted House. I did one at Universal Studios and while you have the odd old guy jumping out from the dark that startled you, the walking in complete darkness and getting ready for the next ‘scary moment’ was the scary part. Until the end when there was a chainsaw wielding guy dressed as the guy from Chainsaw Massacre movie. I ran through that part and still shat myself.

I wasn’t scared but while in Vegas walking the strip at night, there were a few guys dressed up as Ironman, etc. well tere was a guy dressed up as Jason from the Friday the 13th movies hidden behind a tree. In broad daylight, it’s fine, but at night you just get startled. Especially when he’s holding a massive knife.

I tend to get more scared/wound up in the first half of these movies, the actual horror itself is easier to deal with than the "wwhhhhaaaa?". Quiet is the key to building up that tension in horror. GORE GORE GORE just gets stupid.

The first Paranormal Activity was kinda good. Built up the tension.

Paranormal Activity 2, 3 - 47 inclusive?

Meh. Girlfriend likes them, so I watched them, they are meh and getting more so.

I didn't mind the Conjuring either. Clap clap...

Sinister in general scared the crap out of me.
But I still think the opening to Scream was awesome. Drew Barrymore, who you think is going to be the main character and then she's dead in the first 10 minutes. I knew, even at the time, that it wasn't particularly original, but for my generation it was I guess. Drew Barrymore, the little girl from ET, getting hung from a tree with her insides on the outside in the first 10 minutes. Scream scared me so much that I wasn't scared of anything for ages. I was numb.
And laugh at me all you want but Paranormal Activity had some genuinely scary bits for me. Shadows on doors, ghosts whispering names. Was probably scarier because I'd just moved out by myself. And the last 10 minutes of PA3 I can't even think about it freaks me out too much.
And then there's Insidious where the creepy little boy is dancing to the old music in the living room.

Scream is awesome; but it's not meant to be original. It's a satire, the whole film is just taking the ■■■■ out of horror movies from the 80's.

I must be weird because The Exorcist did and does nothing for me.  It feels more like a 70s made for tv drama with occasional extreme bits.

Not so much a big scare, but the conclusion to the original Saw was an incredible moment.  Horror in the true sense of the word.

- Alien (John Hurt stomach break open scene)

This. Director Ridley Scott didn't tell the cast what he was planning for this scene, he just sort of let it rip and filmed the actors reactions. 

The only time I reckon I have been genuinely scared/thought about a scene for WAY too long was the final scene of The Blair Witch Project.  I spent an hour and a half hating myself for being in the cinema and wasting my money, then the last scene of old matey facing the wall in the corner gave me chills.

Then I thought about it for weeks, and weeks and weeks and weeks.  But only ever as I was going to sleep at night. 

Paranormal Activity 1.

Just the scene at the end where the woman is heard screaming in the kitchen, so the guy jumps out of bed and runs down there and starts screaming too. Got me good. Haven't watched a single horror movie since.

What did the lawnmower run over?

The little girl.

The only time I reckon I have been genuinely scared/thought about a scene for WAY too long was the final scene of The Blair Witch Project.  I spent an hour and a half hating myself for being in the cinema and wasting my money, then the last scene of old matey facing the wall in the corner gave me chills.

Then I thought about it for weeks, and weeks and weeks and weeks.  But only ever as I was going to sleep at night. 

YES!!! and i watched that in broad daylight. Freaked me out even more when I thought about it too long because that was what the witch used to do to naughty children or something.

Hostel was disturbing. The scene with the Japanese backpacker was a bit much for me. I actually had to walk out of the cinema.

hostel 2 and 3 are not much better either.

Hostel was disturbing. The scene with the Japanese backpacker was a bit much for me. I actually had to walk out of the cinema.

You must have known before you walked in thats what you were up for though?

I dont get scared by the gore and gross out stuff.  It's the paranormal/weird/unexplained/dont see anything that gets me.  If there's a monster that you make up in your head cos they show nothing on screen, then THATS scary.

You must have known before you walked in thats what you were up for though?

I dont get scared by the gore and gross out stuff.  It's the paranormal/weird/unexplained/dont see anything that gets me.  If there's a monster that you make up in your head cos they show nothing on screen, then THATS scary.

Grave Encounters i thought was a good one.