Best horror scenes/moments in Movies

Watching The Omen in the dark, alone as a kid, scared the absolute bjesus out of me.

Because I have a fervent disbelief in the supernatural, horror movies don't scare me.  Psychological dramas or movies which are more sickening, say Texas Chainsaw Massacre or even Wolf Creek which may in fact actually happen are more scary.

Watching The Omen in the dark, alone as a kid, scared the absolute bjesus out of me.

Yeh I member that one.  Alone in the loungeroom on school holidays, about midnight, dark room, just me and the TV.......................FREAKY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNaebWfx5cw

Always thought the 1989 version was very good and this one has it's truly scary moments. 

One of my fav horror/thriller movies as a kid was 'The Medusa Touch' with Richard Burton.

Some of those scenes stayed with me for years. However I watched it again recently (on the bus on way out to Warrick the day before the 'Stand By Hird' placard run). Wasn't as scary as i remember.

Zack Snyder’s “Dawn of the Dead” is ten years old. That one was goooooooood

Zack Snyder's "Dawn of the Dead" is ten years old. That one was goooooooood

Agree. Having the zombies sprint really freaked me out.
The film the descent wasn't so much scary as just tense as hell

Yep. One of my fave (if not fave) zombie movies ever. Also one of my fave opening sequences/credits ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTYNwwPQH4k

And the hot blonde getting her ■■■■ torn up by a chainsaw.

Loved it when the bloke who was seeking refuge in the church got impaled by a giant crucifix.

Also when the lift malfunctioned and the occupant was severed by an errant steel cable.

Scene from The 4th Kind where the main character figures out she's getting abducted by aliens at night when she finds her own scratch marks on the floor leading out of the bedroom. Creeps me the heck out!