Best Win 2013

freo by a farking country mile

It was that much better than the Eagles one?

Second Carlton.

After everything: after all the charges, after another end of season fade-out, after being outplayed for the entire game to beat those ■■■■■ knowing what was coming in a matter of days was special. That felt like a real statement game. We didn't play well at all but just worked and grinded out a final win for everyone. Pretty special.

Freo in a pure football sense was our best. Despite being underrated on here the entire year they are a quality side. Beating them at Subi after being 37 points down is a miracle. 

1st: Fremantle win, think about how good Fremantle have been this year (and at home) and we went there with all the pressure on the club, and the players stood up, won the game, and made an emphatic statement to the AFL, we are 100% behind Hird.

2nd: ANZAC Day, not least of all because we have won so very few in the last 10 years, but no Ryder, Fletcher, Crameri? I remember it was one hell of a spine that was missing, and as was mentioned when Jobe kicked the sealer, I can’t remember an Essendon crowd that loud for 15 years.

3rd: Carlton the second time, (edit my daughter was born during the day of Carlton one) but after the month we had, the players were drained, to fans were drained, Hird was getting smashed, but when Zaka kicked that goal in the last I have never shouted so loud ever. My season probably finished that night, I’d had enough highs and lows for one year, and yes I may have shed a tear.

Great season that must never ever be forgotten.

@Celtic Swing, it was Hurley that was missing. Crameri was playing. Carlisle was also playing injured for 1.5 qtrs and still mauled Cloke!

Oh it won’t be :stuck_out_tongue:

loved all the interstate wins (not incl. GWS)

loved jobe's celebration after his goal against the crows.

the ryder sshhhhhhh goal was arguably the highlight of the season.

but in the end it's the WC game for mine. Just loved carlisle's set shot from 50 on the boundary, kommer's heroic 3 x 1 on 1 contests in a row, goddard kicked a great goal, the myers pass to carlisle, watson silencing the crowd with a crucial goal.

1st carlton game

I haven't cheered as loudly for a goal in recent memory as I did when Zaha buried the blues. It was also the first scum game I'd been to since I had an incident at the 2011 qualifying final.  

The freo win was our best, but the second Carlton one was my favourite by a LONG way. 

I haven't cheered as loudly for a goal in recent memory as I did when Zaha buried the blues. It was also the first scum game I'd been to since I had an incident at the 2011 qualifying final.  

The freo win was our best, but the second Carlton one was my favourite by a LONG way. 

A removed by security incident or a "had to change my pants" incident?

A removed by security incident or a "had to change my pants" incident?

Little from column A, little from column B 

As soon as I saw the thread the Freo game came to mind. Hirdy under pressure, Ryder's goal and then Hirdy singing the song at the end it was just massive. Not to mention the footy gods stopping a few last second Fremantle shots on goal.

Westcoast win was awesome as was Anzac day and the Carltank games. The first Richmond game was ruined by BT's "Richmond still a chance'' commentary. 2013 a great high light reel season.

Has to be one of the comeback games? Which one? Opinions will vary. l am tempted to say round 22 V Blooos, but that is too obvious. Traditional foe, drama galore etc. However l think now that our best win for the season was against Freo. On their home turf, bigger margin, more self belief gained. That win set us up for a decent season, and it was against a top 4 team. The relief and self belief was obvious and writ large on the faces of all. 

Has to be the 2nd Carlton game, for so, so many reasons.

1. We had just experienced the worst month of football in our club's history on the field leading up to the game and our players were absolutely shot to bits.

2. Sanctions were looming and the AFL was about to drop the hammer.

3. It was our last heroic stand.

4. Carlton choked and should have beaten us by 10 goals if they kicked accurately.

5. We let Carlton know that they weren't good enough to play finals, and are only there now by default.

6. It's Carlton, enough said.

7. Zaharakis did a Zaharakis.

8. Hird holds a 20 minute post game presser which had the air of a prisoner's last meal before execution.  Such sweet pathos.

In terms of significance and sheer emotion, the Freo game.

In terms of the greatest comeback, the Freo game.

In terms of our best 4 quarter performance...not the Freo game.

The first Carlton game, because there was a lot more hope back then. The second Carlton victory was a little too tainted by inevitability of what was to follow, and felt much more hollow.

The Carlisle swing was one of the biggest moments of the season and that CLUNK at the end has got to be one of the best pressure marks of the season. Plus, the grog squad went ballistic afterwards and it was heaps fun to witness.... Melksham turning it around on the big stage and Joe's debut, proving instrumental late after being monstered early...and a bit of Fletch cheekiness to boot with the Garlet umpire error.... it was just a complete night out. 

Surprised not more love for Jobe v West Coast. Coming off a very rough week on him, culminating in the boos. The fact we hadn't won in how many years v WC @ WC? Paddy absolutely destroying Nic Nat.  The Myers kick. Carlisle up forward. Thursday night game and I did not sleep afterwards!

But let's be honest, so many contenders this year. 2 close wins v Carlton - usually either of those would take the cake. Freo. Anzac day. Good stuff

1: Carlton: The same really as the Freo game, except it was against Carlton
2: ANZAC Day: We all know why
3: WC: Jobe has done it for us before, we stood up for him
If it wasn't football and you take all emotion out of it, Dreamtime against Richmond was our best game of the year. Smashed them in the coaches box and the players had the skill and fitness to pull it off and smash them. The kind of methodical win against an actual decent side that only good teams can win.

Passion, emotion, guts, determination and pure unadulterated joy - not to mention pride. Beating Freemantle on their own dung heap was absolutely the one for me this year. They are just a pack of .................. and that includes their coach.

Carl, Carl , Coll, triple dead heat, 1st Carl if you want a specific one, 140 birthday celebration, ■■■■■■■ champagne football.

The Freo game was insane, teared up seeing Hirdy in the song that night, so emotional. Carlton games both brilliant because, even playing ■■■■■ for most of both games, we still beat those bastards! Has to be ANZAC day though, that game wet the appetite big time for me, Completely Essendon dominated crowd of 95,000 and a massive win on the big stage, doesn't get much better than that.

EDIT- Reading over all this still gives me goosebumps, if someone could make a highlights video of the entire year I'd love you forever.