Best Win 2013

freo by a farking country mile

This

Freo win. Just. The second Carlton win was ■■■■■■ special, though.

I feel the same. I remember Freo leaving me dead on the floor.

I voted for the game against Freo (I, like a few people here, wept afterwards), but it could have easily been one of 5 or 6 others (second Carlton game, West Coast, Anzac Day, first Carlton game). The first game of the season against Adelaide is under-appreciated, though. We'd copped all sorts of nonsense for 6 or 7 weeks before we'd played any actual footy (although not as much as before other games), and people were wondering how we'd react. We looked overawed in the first 15 minutes playing interstate against a hostile crowd, but then responded magnificently. For emotion, though, the Freo game takes it for me.

For all the trying times this year, there were some magical games in which our players proved their mettle.

We haven't had it yet. Bruce Reid is gonna have it for us in the Supreme Court.

the freo win sat in among the freo supporters for 3 quarters. then decided to hit the trail ended up in a spare seat with the cheer sqaud . 

Second Carlton game. We let Carlton and the AFL know that we were the best team and even though the AFL had already decided we weren’t playing finals, everyone (except maybe that Rhyce-Jones fool), knew we should have been. Also Hirdy’s press conference and his happiness at the win made it so special.

it is hard to narrow them down. Most of the wins represented something special. They were all unique but in very different ways.

Take round 1 against the crows. We didn't turn up for the 1st 15min, I was so flat thinking, we are going to have the worst year ever. Then we gradually got back into it. When Jobe kicked the sealer, I went off tap! Was so happy.

Even the dee's game was great, as we destroyed any bit of confidence they had left, killed their coaches career- and did not let up for 4 qtrs.

The port game was one of the gutiest wins of the year. Jobe went down, Stanton was hurt, umps killed us. Yet we got over the line. One of the loudest crowds for a interstate game I can remember. The place was rocking!

Favourite TV games Freo and West Coast

Favourite live game for raw emotion was the 2nd Carlton game

Managed to get around to every match this year, including the NAB games. The Perth wins are the ones that are most special to me. Not that ANZAC Day, Carlton wins etc. weren't amazing. It's felt like deja vu the last 3 games in Perth. I've sat in the same spot and the games have been almost identical with a winning result. If I had to choose one of the two Perth games it would have to be the West Coast one. The Goddard & Carlisle goals particularly when someone needed to stand up. And to stick it up to the Eagles fans after their ■■■■ during the game. We've been lucky with some of the wins we've had this year. Best since 2009 - ANZAC Day (Zaka), St Kilda (broke their streak) & Hawthorn wins (Hurley 5 goals). In my memory, most of the better ones have been interstate. It pays in more ways than one to get to one of them. I love the Us v Them mentality. When we win it's the best feeling. I'm 10 wins from 13 interstate. Swans are the only team I haven't seen us beat. Maybe next year...

Round 1 is underated.

Remember that Tex was playing.

Adelaide coming off a Prelim Final that they almost won.

In Adelaide.

All the crap over the pre season.

Amazing win and not really down to luck. Just a great team effort.

Really hard to pick .. I was at the Freo game and it was amazing but collingwood game was amazing too! We had good value this year,

Who the crap voted for GWS at GWS? LOL

Managed to get around to every match this year, including the NAB games. The Perth wins are the ones that are most special to me. Not that ANZAC Day, Carlton wins etc. weren't amazing. It's felt like deja vu the last 3 games in Perth. I've sat in the same spot and the games have been almost identical with a winning result. If I had to choose one of the two Perth games it would have to be the West Coast one. The Goddard & Carlisle goals particularly when someone needed to stand up. And to stick it up to the Eagles fans after their **** during the game. We've been lucky with some of the wins we've had this year. Best since 2009 - ANZAC Day (Zaka), St Kilda (broke their streak) & Hawthorn wins (Hurley 5 goals). In my memory, most of the better ones have been interstate. It pays in more ways than one to get to one of them. I love the Us v Them mentality. When we win it's the best feeling. I'm 10 wins from 13 interstate. Swans are the only team I haven't seen us beat. Maybe next year...

Just letting you know right now, I'm tagging along next year to any QLD game :)

No question it was our first game against Carlton for me. 

Sitting up high in the stand I had resigned myself to the fact at half time that there was no way we were going to win, Carton were all over us and Waite had a monster of a game and was giving Carlisle his first real pantsing for 2013 after some serious AA form. It was time for another beer and to ruminate on what might have been and to look toward next week.

And then, in the third qrt Hird moves Hurley onto Waite and he get physical and quells him (comparatively speaking). Carlisle moves forward to provide some real marking power. You could just feel the change in momentum and you just knew that we were a chance, more importantly so did the Carlton fans. Winderlink and his dodgy but super fast twitch hammies runs past Yarran to intercept the mark in defense. Milkman marks and kicks the winning goal. Carlisle goes back in defense in the dying seconds to take a pack mark to seal victory for us.

I loss my voice and shed tears of victory while giving to the Carlton supporters.

Good times. 

Many memorable games this year. Anzac Day - it was the first time I’ve been to the game, I thought it was special watching it on the tele, but being there in person adds a whole new dimension of special. Second Carlton game, ended up crying at the end of the game, so many levels of emotion.

Also would have to say the game against Richmond on Saturday night, purely just for the united atmosphere and the acknowledgement from the players -again was in tears. Even though on the scoreboard we didnt win, it was a win for me.

Freo game for me. Not only because of the off field circumstances but also in hindsight realising how good a team they actually are and how tough they are to beat at Subi. Anzac Day and Carlton x 2 were also great.

No question it was our first game against Carlton for me. 

Sitting up high in the stand I had resigned myself to the fact at half time that there was no way we were going to win, Carton were all over us and Waite had a monster of a game and was giving Carlisle his first real pantsing for 2013 after some serious AA form. It was time for another beer and to ruminate on what might have been and to look toward next week.

And then, in the third qrt Hird moves Hurley onto Waite and he get physical and quells him (comparatively speaking). Carlisle moves forward to provide some real marking power. You could just feel the change in momentum and you just knew that we were a chance, more importantly so did the Carlton fans. Winderlink and his dodgy but super fast twitch hammies runs past Yarran to intercept the mark in defense. Milkman marks and kicks the winning goal. Carlisle goes back in defense in the dying seconds to take a pack mark to seal victory for us.

I loss my voice and shed tears of victory while giving to the Carlton supporters.

Good times. 

See you there :D 

Strange the lack of love for a 148 point win over a team that's tormented us in recent years.

That being said, I did vote ANZAC day. Front row seats, 93K, was without question the most amazing football game I've ever attended. Every goal, everyone was on their feet. Jobe's goal in the last, Zaka's amazing game.

best win for the club - freo

best win for me - Anzac day

cue: peeto

When we kicked the last few on ANZAC day I didn't cheer. I just stood up and looked around the 'G and breathed it all in.