Big Sammy Draper - #1 ruckman now #2 (Part 1)

Not enough credit being given to Zac Clarke’s Point of the Year.

4 Likes

Hille could never slice them, entice them nor dice them though.

2 Likes

Hille was a good shot on goal at long range, but close in he tended to freeze up and miss more often than not.

Doesn’t quite put him in the Farmer/Madden/Cox grade.

We used to watch David Hille take practice shots from 50 m before every game and he never missed. During the game it was about 50/50.

Huge potential. But right now he’s sitting above Zac Clark and Jon Giles. Topped by Matthew Allan and probably also Phillips.

Keep playing him, keep trying get better and learn how to play football and he could be our best ruckman since Madden.

Hille was a damn good captain for a fill in, I don’t care what anyone says.

13 Likes

I remember touting Hille for CHB in his earliest days.

Looking forward to watching Draper this year. I think he’ll take a sizeable step forward as he goes through 50 games on the back of a solid pre-season.

The Vigorous One.

5 Likes

Thurlow???

Fraser Thurlow. Big bloke from Labrador in QLD.

Forgettable hey

I remember something in the footy record where he was voted “EFC player least likely to be able to turn on a computer.”

11 Likes

I think he’ll be inconsistent his entire career, has good quarters then gets smashed the next.

2 Likes

He needs to close the gap between his best and worst performances. Hopefully that comes with experience.

1 Like

Hes ■■■■. Not many clubs would have him as their starting ruck.

1 Like

I would be offering TDK a very nice contract at the end of the year. A very nice contract.

2 Likes

He’s only played 43 games.

Very very few ruckman would be any good prior to the 50 game mark. Many ruckmen now who are considered the league’s best ruckman (English for instance) showed much much less in their first 50 games than Draper has shown.

He’s the least of our problems you absolute peanuts

16 Likes

He is in the conversation for the most overrated player in the AFL.
He does so much wrong, yet all people talk about is the flamboyant stuff he does which adds zero value i.e. great energy when celebrating…
There was a group of supporters at training on Wednesday mentioning he should be the captain ahead of Zach.
Amazing stuff…

3 Likes

One that Carlton cant match his manager wants the AFL to increase the cap to 3 million lols

Absolutely cant time his jump to save his life

Way too focussed on wanting to do fancy stuff before he actually gets a proper grasp on the basics

Almost always lands before the other ruckman even jump

2 Likes