Bigger drama for GC Suns

■■■■ bloke. Soft ■■■■. Like we needed any more proof.

**** bloke. Soft *****. Like we needed any more proof.

But, but, but they got him for his leadership qualities. 

Still a fan of hitting young blokes when they are looking the other way, even his own team mates now.

A bigger cvnt of a bloke it would be harder to find, glad they kept him, continues to hold their list back.

Just staggered to hear Josh Gibson was in the queue for the club in LA with Brown, and the argument with May apparently started with him. 

Welcome to Hawthorn Dayle Garlett. 

Interested to what possible reason someone king hits a team mate from behind, should be a ripper.

Josh gibson as the defence witness, LOL, did he have his glasses on?

The HScum has an interesting article on the issue.

The HScum has an interesting article on the issue.

link?

go to their page and click on the link, it is not firewalled

Not sure why I didn't just do it myself rather than asking

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/gold-coast-suns-punchup-at-la-club-may-have-been-sparked-by-arrival-of-rihanna-sources-claim/story-fni5f7ka-1226770575834

AN attempt by Gold Coast Suns player Steven May to get Rihanna's autograph at a Los Angeles nightclub may have sparked the chain of events that led to May having his jaw allegedly broken by teammate Campbell Brown.

It's the latest bizarre twist in a story that has Brown's AFL career hanging by a thread as his club decides whether or not to to sack him.

Brown stands accused of punching May at an LA nightclub after the club's training trip to Arizona. May has a broken jaw and will go into hospital on Friday.

According to sources, Suns players were at Bootsy Bellows in West Hollywood when they were asked to leave because Rihanna and her entourage were arriving after the pop star's concert.

May was allegedly trying to force his way back in to get an autograph when an attempt was made to stop him by Hawthorn's Josh Gibson, who was also present.

It is understood that after May verbally abused Gibson, Brown stepped in and allegedly punched him.

Rihanna pictured at the 2013 American Music Awards in LA. Source: Getty Images

The Suns have refuted claims made on Thursday that the argument between the pair erupted over a restaurant bill.

There have also been reports May said something deeply personal to Brown which triggered the attack.

Club CEO Travis Auld said in initial discussions with May and Brown neither party had mentioned any personal insults that may have provoked Brown.

Nor was the club aware of any long-running feud between the pair.

"We have just got to find out who was there, then we can start to make sense of what happened,'' he said.

"All we know at the moment is they were both drinking, something has flared up and Steve May has a broken jaw.''

Auld has also refuted speculation coach Guy McKenna was with the group.

It is understood McKenna was in LA but had not gone out drinking.

Auld said a full investigation would take place over the next four days, including interviews with five other players who were present and also the coaching staff.

Auld said the finding on the investigation would be presented to the Suns' board.

Brown is not allowed to return to training until the board meets.

"Because it is an issue that has ramifications on our brand the board will be involved,'' he said.

Gold Coast Suns player Campbell Brown arrives home with wife Jess Johnston. Picture: Jono Searle Source: News Limited

Brown was bunkered down in his Royal Pines home on the Gold Coast on Thursday night.

Arriving home after picking up his new wife Jess from the airport on Thursday afternoon, Brown told the Gold Coast Bulletin he was "letting the club sort it out" and refused to elaborate on what had happened between the teammates who have played together for three years.

Brown is alleged to have punched May after a night of drinking in Los Angeles following the club's altitude camp in Arizona.

The Suns have been told that May did not retaliate.

Hawthorn premiership player Josh Gibson is believed to have been present at the time of the incident.

The players were given two days R and R during which they took in an Arizona Cardinals NFL game and also visited Las Vegas.

Brown is not a big drinker and his off-field record is reasonably clean, but the Suns will not tolerate the latest incident if the allegations May was king-hit are true.

No other players were involved but there were five other Suns present. These players have arrived back on the Coast and have been summoned immediately to the club.

Man, quoting and copying & pasting is really hard in this new forum

Case dismissed. Though a broken jaw is a tad on the harsh side

This is getting more and more farcical by the hour. Comedy capers. 

IIRC, Sheedy wanted him around mid last decade.

Not a big drinker? Relatively clean record?

Compared to Hawthorn standards, probably true, but in the real world...

To be fair, I'd want to smack May as well.  He's just terrible.  Like a bloke with no arms trying to play darts.

While theyre in LA, should just get it sorted by Judge Judy.

“Real cases! Real people! Judge Judy”

Can just see her interrogating the Josh Gibson as to his eyesore and the need for no lens in his glasses.

I could have forgiven Brown if it was Gibson he smacked.

Bigger question for mine is, why on an oversees fitness regimed trip, did the suns allow their players to go out drinking ?

seems pointless as they could train half arsed on the gc and get ■■■■■■ there.

Bigger question for mine is, why on an oversees fitness regimed trip, did the suns allow their players to go out drinking ?

It's like throwing a dog a Shmacko. It's a small reward after a fairly arduous period. Not enough to undo anything they did, but enough for them to think it didn't end so badly. Basic stuff that frankly, pro athletes shouldn't need. But this is Australia, and drinking is what we do. The average Aussie male feels somehow ripped off and less manly if he can't get ■■■■■■.

It's like throwing a dog a Shmacko. It's a small reward after a fairly arduous period. Not enough to undo anything they did, but enough for them to think it didn't end so badly. Basic stuff that frankly, pro athletes shouldn't need. But this is Australia, and drinking is what we do. The average Aussie male feels somehow ripped off and less manly if he can't get ■■■■■■.

I raise my glass to that post

campbell-■■■■■-slap-brown-o.gif

Monfries has never been the same, even fleeing the state.

Regular bible readers will know better than l, but l believe this incident led to the first exodus.