Biggest Slider and Bolter

Everyone here has had an opinion about who is going to go number one, what the top 10 will look like and who everyone hopes will get picked.
I just wonder if anyone has a hint as to who may be the biggest slider on the night due to whatever reason, be it poor draft camp results, bad
attitude or just not as good as everyone thinks. I don’t have a clue but will have a look at the list of potential candidates and like a magician
draw a name out of my hat (read arse) in the not too distant future.

Also, who is the kid that is gonna come from nowhere and be the surprise first rounder or early second rounder that no-one has even considered.

I’m thinking Marshall could slide too 25 mark, I just think he is one that was hyped up early and other names are overtaking him.

Not sure about sliders but I expect Begley to go in the top 30 and Lipinski has generated late interest. Also WA prospect Bailey Banfield has his fans late in the draft.

‘Slider’ = bloke that draft speculators hype and doesn’t get picked where they predicted because professional recruiters have determined there is actually less hyped better footballers available (‘bolters’). I think I’ve got this now.

Macca sliding to pick two.

I think the biggest slider may be a very interesting one - Oliver Florent.

Glen Manton is a bolter. Can’t comment if he’s the biggest though.

Why?

Sliders are never big enough.

Why?

I am hearing that interstate clubs are strongly considering not picking him due to his personal family situation. The interesting aspect of that is there are very few Victorian clubs with early picks. Us with 1 and Carlton with 5 is not in his range anyway. Norths 11 may be slightly high too. And then there is Bulldogs with 18 and us at 20.

So by default, we are a reasonable chance of picking up Ollie at 20 which would be a decent slide.

Why?

I am hearing that interstate clubs are strongly considering not picking him due to his personal family situation. The interesting aspect of that is there are very few Victorian clubs with early picks. Us with 1 and Carlton with 5 is not in his range anyway. Norths 11 may be slightly high too. And then there is Bulldogs with 18 and us at 20.

So by default, we are a reasonable chance of picking up Ollie at 20 which would be a decent slide.

Plenty of logic in that.

Would be really hard on his Mum to have him move on top of what happened.

Really hope he can get through to us.

1 mcclug
20 florent
rest: who cares

Rioli is an interesting one. Some say round 2ish, others say rookie at best. I've even heard two "experts" say they wouldn't be surprised to see him go late round 1.
Got his skin folds from 130 to 50 :open_mouth:, has worked his ■■■ off and doubt he doesn't get picked up at some point
Why?

Plenty of logic in that.

Would be really hard on his Mum to have him move on top of what happened.

Really hope he can get through to us.

North keen at 11 though apparently. Depends how it plays out though. They might have someone they expected to go earlier who slid through to them who they then take instead.

Rioli is an interesting one. Some say round 2ish, others say rookie at best. I've even heard two "experts" say they wouldn't be surprised to see him go late round 1.

Rioli will be the biggest bolter for sure

Shai Bolton to be biggest bolter

Unfortunately one of my boys Alex Villis will be the biggest slider after recently having a major heart condition detected. Would of probably gone in the 20-40 region but will probably never be able to play sport again. The kid is absolutely shattered but hasn’t given up hope

I know who ‘Bolter’ is, but who the hell is ‘Slider’?

Josh Toy mkII
Pretty tough for for a kid to find out in draft year.

Unfortunately one of my boys Alex Villis will be the biggest slider after recently having a major heart condition detected. Would of probably gone in the 20-40 region but will probably never be able to play sport again. The kid is absolutely shattered but hasn't given up hope

Really sad. Hopefully his future will be bright regardless.