Biggest Slider and Bolter

Who gives a ■■■■ about Rioli?

Dangerfield was the one we missed :slight_smile:

I'm far from convinced that Rioli would have hit the ground running if he had have joined us. Our club was shlt, our development programs were shlt, our head coach was shlt, our facilities were shlt.

There was a terrible culture at the club and that can destroy any young player.

likewise myers probaby would have been heir apparent to hodge by now if he was drafted by the hawks. swings and roundabouts
BS - it's not revisionist. Many of us were hoping EFC would ignore the media opinions and the phantom drafts and pick him on his obvious talent.

Here is a fact not presented before: Rioli has won twice as many Premierships as Myers has got Brownlow votes.

Only rusted-on Essendon tragics would defend that decision. Any dispassionate observer would say that Hawthorn clearly got the better selection.

And I am sure Rioli thanks his lucky stars we didn’t pick him.

Oh, so you can prove that if the pucks were reversed that you wouldn’t switch injury histories? Or how good Myers would have been without injuries?

Have you been away on a trip to new Zealand ants?

BS - it's not revisionist. Many of us were hoping EFC would ignore the media opinions and the phantom drafts and pick him on his obvious talent.

Here is a fact not presented before: Rioli has won twice as many Premierships as Myers has got Brownlow votes.

Only rusted-on Essendon tragics would defend that decision. Any dispassionate observer would say that Hawthorn clearly got the better selection.

And I am sure Rioli thanks his lucky stars we didn’t pick him.

Oh, so you can prove that if the pucks were reversed that you wouldn’t switch injury histories? Or how good Myers would have been without injuries?

Have you been away on a trip to new Zealand ants?

Europe. :slight_smile:

I reckon Macreadie will slide this year maybe even to our 41

I'm not saying that Hawthorn haven't got a miles better result. It's that I don't believe we could have taken Rioli at that time....not at 6.

I’m just thankful we didn’t take Rhys Palmer, Rising Star notwithstanding. I reckon he’s rubbish and has always been rubbish.

Yeah we could have, if there was ever a scenario for a team to reach a few spots in the top 12 for a guy, that was the year to do it. No one in the land would have condemned us for taking him. Fact was if sheeds had held on for a few more months that’s exactly what we would have done.

That there is one of the biggest sliding door moments in our clubs history. The would-be roll on effect of six more months of sheeds was enormous.

McLuggage to be the big slider.

Straight to carlton

I'm not saying that Hawthorn haven't got a miles better result. It's that I don't believe we could have taken Rioli at that time....not at 6.

I’m just thankful we didn’t take Rhys Palmer, Rising Star notwithstanding. I reckon he’s rubbish and has always been rubbish.

Yeah we could have, if there was ever a scenario for a team to reach a few spots in the top 12 for a guy, that was the year to do it. No one in the land would have condemned us for taking him. Fact was if sheeds had held on for a few more months that’s exactly what we would have done.

That there is one of the biggest sliding door moments in our clubs history. The would-be roll on effect of six more months of sheeds was enormous.

I still think with the injury management we had at EFC at the time, and Cyril's early issues with hamstrings, he would have been a good chance to be an injury crock if we had picked him up. Looking at the injury runs of guys like Dempsey and Myers during that period, in my opinion he probably dodged a bullet.

Agree. 1 spot to GWS at 2. Sucked in Essendon!

Ben Mcneice, slider and bolter.

Dean Rioli ate a few too many pork sliders at the pub last night