Biggest Slider and Bolter

Slider is Brodie Bolter is Himmelberg - I don't get it. He seems ordinary.

Hopefully he slide like Laverde!

To add eithe McCluggage McGrath and Brodie. FMD!

If Brodie slides past 5 someone’s getting an absolute steal. Kid is a serious gun, and is very underrated on here. Very long time since I’ve seen a u18 with his poise and vision around the stoppages.

If Brodie slides past 5 someone's getting an absolute steal. Kid is a serious gun, and is very underrated on here. Very long time since I've seen a u18 with his poise and vision around the stoppages.

I’m pretty sure there are a few of us hoping he goes #1. It’s just that it seems so unlikely given all the media and online speculation hardly mentions him anymore at that spot.

Hm are you in a position to provide your assessment of mccluggage and McGrath?

I wonder which club is going to do a Carlton Boekhurst decision this year.

Hopefully not us again after our Steinberg one a few years ago now.

Couple of games still to catch, hopefully by tomorrow night.

Leaning somewhat towards McCluggage at the moment though, not that whoever I’m leaning towards matters in the slightest…

Leaning somewhat towards McCluggage at the moment though, not that whoever I’m leaning towards matters in the slightest…

Look forward to it.

Slide Bolton?

Pity another 10 clubs passed on Parker after our pick.

The essendon recruiters could do a lot worse than listen to you HM

Waylen Manson was a ‘pre draft’ bolter (went from nowhere to somewhere in the teens) and then was a slider (didn’t even get rookied).
Is there a similar player in this draft?

Waylen Manson was a 'pre draft' bolter (went from nowhere to somewhere in the teens) and then was a slider (didn't even get rookied). Is there a similar player in this draft?

Ben Rioli

Myers instead of Rioli was worse.

Slide Bolton?

Certainly hope so - pick 29??

Myers instead of Rioli was worse.

Revisionist garbage!

There was no way we could pick Rioli at 6…that was why we tried to trade for a pick in the teens. I know he wanted to play for us, but he’d been injured as a junior. And we’d drafted 3 small forwards the year before.

BS - it’s not revisionist. Many of us were hoping EFC would ignore the media opinions and the phantom drafts and pick him on his obvious talent.

Here is a fact not presented before: Rioli has won twice as many Premierships as Myers has got Brownlow votes.

Only rusted-on Essendon tragics would defend that decision. Any dispassionate observer would say that Hawthorn clearly got the better selection.

And I am sure Rioli thanks his lucky stars we didn’t pick him.

Here is a fact not presented before: Rioli has won twice as many Premierships as Myers has got Brownlow votes.

The Brownlow is dead to me.

BS - it's not revisionist. Many of us were hoping EFC would ignore the media opinions and the phantom drafts and pick him on his obvious talent.

Only rusted-on Essendon tragics would defend that decision. Any dispassionate observer would say that Hawthorn clearly got the better selection.

And I am sure Rioli thanks his lucky stars we didn’t pick him.

Oh, so you can prove that if the pucks were reversed that you wouldn’t switch injury histories? Or how good Myers would have been without injuries?

I’m not saying that Hawthorn haven’t got a miles better result. It’s that I don’t believe we could have taken Rioli at that time…not at 6.

I’m just thankful we didn’t take Rhys Palmer, Rising Star notwithstanding. I reckon he’s rubbish and has always been rubbish.

I’m far from convinced that Rioli would have hit the ground running if he had have joined us. Our club was shlt, our development programs were shlt, our head coach was shlt, our facilities were shlt.

There was a terrible culture at the club and that can destroy any young player.