Black Hole - 2006 Draft

Well what did you do in 2006 that's any good now?

I was a supporting act for international DJ's in 06

Cranbourne might be overseas, but it isn't international.

Unfortunately.

Well my concerns I guess is that when Knights took over, we had that problem where we didn’t have good players in the age bracket 25-28.

Basically the reason we’ve been crap for so long. This will somewhat affect our improvement from this point on.

Interestingly, players drafted in 2006 will be free agents next year, if they are out of contract. Wonder if it is worth chasing one. (we are losing Crameri also).

Depends on salary cap and all that. But we shouldn’t ignore this.

I loved Tommy Hislop. Just wish he didn't glass people.

Funniest part of this thread is the OP "How can we address this!"

Also, what was it that Hislop did at the B+F one year?

This thread was worth it just for the retarded lols.

Tom Hislop was in an Instagram photo with Martin and Cotchin (I think) the other day. He's in good company still.

The more I got to know Tommy this year the more I was amazed he was ever put onto an AFL list. Nice fella regardless.

In corporate world 'addressing an issue' usually means allocating blame. Blame is then usually directed at a past staff member, so in this case we should 'address the issue' by simply blaming Sheeds. Done, easy, addressed, build a ■■■■■■■ bridge.

I think someone should fall on their sword. 

That Hansen is so hot right now.

I wasn't talking about time travelling, or sacking or blaming anyone LOL. Just talking about losing all the players in that age bracket would somewhat hurt our list.

Bachar Houli might still come good.

Davey has played 100 games, I reckon you take that from a 3 rd pick every time

particularly with 4 (i think) sons!

Wow... 4 sons.

Any chance that the Davey name could become as famous as the Danihers???

Davey has played 100 games, I reckon you take that from a 3 rd pick every time

particularly with 4 (i think) sons!
Wow... 4 sons.
Any chance that the Davey name could become as famous as the Danihers???

The gift that keeps on giving!

I wasn't talking about time travelling, or sacking or blaming anyone LOL. Just talking about losing all the players in that age bracket would somewhat hurt our list.

PFFFFT!

We've farked up drafts before. The evidence is that we certainly will again. 

And when we do, very few here will complain. They will tell anyone hoping we could do better "Hindsight" and "time machine" and "trust the club" and maybe even "Sit tight. Be confident".

Houli is going OK.

LOL

No lol. He is.

Wouldn't get a gig at Essendon, and that's saying plenty.

Sometimes I really wonder.

Houli is a good decent player. Hasn't missed a game since switching to Tigerland and plays his role.

I'm not quite sure why you are insulting our top 25 players at the same time as your are insulting Houli. But for some reason you are. Do you actually enjoy football at all? Your eternal pessimism makes me wonder how you get any enjoyment out of the game at all.

For a little while there I actually thought Reimers was going to be the best of the lot. Still reckon he was talented enough to make it…if only he wasn’t such a farkwit

PFFFFT!

We've farked up drafts before. The evidence is that we certainly will again. 

And when we do, very few here will complain. They will tell anyone hoping we could do better "Hindsight" and "time machine" and "trust the club" and maybe even "Sit tight. Be confident".
So who did you want in 06?
And did you forecast the best tall would suffer debilitating back injuries?

What if the AFL didn't change the priority pick system that year and we had pick 2 & 4 (Carlton would have pick 1 & 3)

That's the big one. Carlton probably would've gone tall at #3 and we probably go Selwood at #4, which means we go from getting almost nothing out of the draft, to instead getting a champion midfielder. 

Completely useless exercise with seven years' worth of hindsight, though.

Our list is caca

Talking about drafts, has Hird recruited an indigenous player yet … just saying? I know a couple of years back he and Roos reckoned the number of indigenous players could decline because of the way the games going these days