Blatant cheating by umpires - “having a ‘mare tonight” (Part 1)

10 Likes

Captured on umpire cam

It’s the ones they don’t call too.

If our club had any scintilla of back bone it would issue a public please explain to the AFL.

2 Likes

So for mine there was:

1. Zaharakis’ goal.
  2. The Gleeson front on contact.
  3. The Saad trip/OOF
  4. The 4 meter to Swallow they paid as a mark

Which all need to be reversed.

Then we have Sheil being head locked in the pocket in the 3rd and the general 22 to 11 free kick count despite us winning disposals, tackles and mark.

Blown away.

If I’ve missed any let me know.

10 Likes

85 Likes

Haven’t seen a second of the game. What’s the deal with this Zaharakis goal controversy?

The free they got for high at top of our goal square when their bloke rammed his head into the tackle. Should have been ball and a shot to us.

Non out on the full to us when McGrath had a kick smothered by a foot. Resulted in a goal to them.

Is point two the front on contact not paid right at the end, of the free against Gleeson at the top of their goal square? Whichever one you listed, there’s another.

2 Likes

Langford front on contact.

Shiel had his head ripped off up forward.

Out of bounds on the full of a Sun’s boot.

Set shot from 45-50.

Kicked it. GC bloke put an arm up and palmed it back into play. It was a ball’s length over the line and the umpire had the perfect view.

He didn’t call a score, so no review was called, play went on.

See pic prior to your post

Zaka kicked a goal which was punched back into play from about 3 rows back, called play on. Umpire in perfect position.

Watch the game nerd.

2 Likes

Absolute classic! :rofl:

10 Likes

Remember the drama after the reviewed goal against North Melbourne? Articles splashed all over the AFL site. Not even a mention of the Zaka one on there this week…

5 Likes

I have tried to replay it many times and pause it at the right moment when that last goal of Burgess for GCS passes the post. Cannot get the exact right moment as just pauses past that time but looks to me like it went the wrong side.

The only place that said anything much about it.

1 Like

The AFL itself posted it on twitter and has a video of it on their website.

Did they post it in their Maggots’ Hall of Fame section?

2 Likes

“Free kick Collingwood Scott Pendlebury”

You’re going to be very impressed when you see it.

A real, “how in the hell did he not call that correctly”. One of the best I’ve seen.

1 Like