Blitz Birders

The aggression of Noisy Miners knows no bounds.
Personally I’m not a fan of the little grey ■■■■■■■

3 Likes

Apparently quite common before Europeans arrived

3 Likes

Pied Oyster Catcher.
Took this yesterday, When I uploaded the shots to my computer I discovered it was the same bird I photographed and posted on the 12th of Feb. 1D.

5 Likes

#200 Wonga Pigeon - Gipsy Point

Brown Gerygone – Mallacoota. Best shot photo bombed by a stray leaf but a lifer so BH is chuffed. Super hard to capture on film, flit about like nobody’s biz.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure that the Gerygones flit in and out of our garden and the birdbath…but you’re right about how hard it is to take a photo- & I don’t have a decent camera either so shots are never clear. They are tiny and very cute.

1 Like

BH is now officially a Swiftie, of the birder variety(Is there any other?), thanks to today’s visit to Chiltern.
#Swift Parrot - Chiltern.

BH in Swift Parrot stalker mode

12 Likes

Hopefully, they show up at Bundoora Park again this year. Have seen them by the Yarra at Burnley also (2012).

1 Like

Some pics from the Western Treatment Plant yesterday.

#Little Eagle - BH has been after this lifer for ages and up until yesterday it was always a case of “if only you’d been here 10 minutes ago.” Handsome Devil, it must be said.

#Australian Hobby

#Blue-winged Parrot

#White-winged Black Tern, in his breeding plumage

#Whistling Kite

#Red-kneed Dotterel

7 Likes

Went and watched my son play footy Saturday. Was a nearby waterway with bridge.

5 Likes

I think its a Juvenile Red Capped Dotterell not sure. I now think its a Double Banded Plover ,research is better than guessing.

3 Likes