Blitz History

Blitztory. Best memories etc

In light of the bye and a lull in on field stuff I was thinking back on my relatively short blitz career (2010 debut) and the brilliance of some of the rubbish that goes on here.

Be interested to here some others highlights, and don’t pretend you have none, we all spend too much time on here so it’s inevitable…

For mine, #whateverittacos week is hard to beat, so how many memory blitz have?

I think its Jason but his only a kid.

Now shut up and leave him alone.

Its hard to believe ive been on here since 03. YIKES. can remember joining up at school and spending class after class on here

My first visit here was way back after we lost on ANZAC Day in 07.

The comments made about Kepler Bradley that night were brutal. 

I think its Jason but his only a kid.

Now shut up and leave him alone.

Fan101? That was great. In that vein, Alex Matthew Sars was an interesting character.

Pazza's putting out fireballs with a little bit of water/20% of what crosses my desk thread.

Caddy hysteria.

Where's the Heath Hocking option?

The old match previews on the front page were what led me to find the forum from memory.

I was bored one day after school, and was searching ‘Essendon websites’ in Google back in 2007 (I was 15 years young). Found this site and as a gueat stalked some posts.

I eventually created an account and can remember making sooo many immature and irrelevant posts and copped a lot from the ‘older posters’. I got banned several times :lol: and eventually didn’t post much.

I only started posting regularly from 2011 (evident that I’ve been here since 07 and have only 5000+ posts). I started making more smarter comments and seemed people on here were willing to accept it :slight_smile:

Overall, best blitz moment/s were Bomb Doe’s funny pictures. The edits and fancy comments were a joy to read. Especially during the ‘Mexican’ week.

joined the day sheeds got the ■■■■ !

hectic night !!

How many goal joe daniher kick?

EAT MY BALLS MATE

SHUT YOUR CLAMS

Only been here a bit over a year.

Favourite post, can’t remember from whom: “Get Chappy up here now I wanna boof him!!!”

20% of what comes across Pazza’s desk/fireball/little bit of water.

Will never be topped

2 Likes

I don’t remember laughing as much at anything on Blitz as some of scotty21 posts in the “Why is Anzac Day Game on Anzac Day every year”. Kiddie was complaining that he couldn’t watch Anzac Day game cos his side was playing on there same day.

Can’t remember who posted it, but man that was great.

20% of what comes across Pazza's desk/fireball/little bit of water.
Will never be topped

Magic like stars.

1 Like

I don't remember laughing as much at anything on Blitz as some of scotty21 posts in the "Why is Anzac Day Game on Anzac Day every year". Kiddie was complaining that he couldn't watch Anzac Day game cos his side was playing on there same day.
Can't remember who posted it, but man that was great.

"Why do people boo Cooney?" was another classic.

1 Like

Pazzas fireball/water was brilliant. 

I'll also nominate "don't make plans for 2011" as a favorite

And any of the annual threads to name the draft/trading board - The Shane Harvey Experience, Austin Lucy Diminutive Appendages, Restocking The Fridge..

Caddyshack had all the lolz and would be very hard to beat. That was about three days at work of nothing getting done!!

Favourite exchange though was the Brain Teaser thread a couple years back, someone posted the "you have one boat, a turkey and a dog, beside a river, how do you get them all across?" scenario. The riddle was expertly solved by taking the chicken here, then the chicken there etc...until someone pointed out that it was actually a [i]turkey[/i] that we were dealing with.

The response of "miscellaneous domesticated fowl. C#nt" still gets me in tears. I guess you had to be there... 

Recently: SUBWAYS

1 Like

Who has the most posts in Blitz history?