Blitz History

How the hell has this not been mentioned yet?

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s1714781.htm 

Also, doesn't anyone else think Greg Baum should be fired from the Age??

20% of what comes across Pazza's desk/fireball/little bit of water.
Will never be topped

Pazza and the fireball was sublime. I think Diggers started the thread and it was about the cheer squad. Maybe the Collingwood one.

Yep, I gotta agree that's number 1. I was only reading Blitz at that time, it was one of the driving forces for me signing up. 

Don't sell yourself short though Doe, the night Goddard become 'Officially Official" you came up with probably the funniest photoshops I've ever seen. 'Can somebody photoshop Brendan Goddard's head onto an Essendon player's body?'

The two funniest trolls were Mif and DysonThePears.    

Photoshopped Gumby taking speccies at practice, eventually ending up in space. Comedic gold and genuine lol right there.

Trade week, every year. Blitz goes full mong.

The reason "Ricky Dyson and a third round pick" is a meme now is because it was a serious suggestion numerous times over the years.

Was it BD Stratton who went on a huge rant about Bunnings?

Also another quality BD Stratton post was that only 1 Magazine gets sent per household despite the fact the 23 members live in that house.

1 Like

Pazza  - Fireball with a little bit of water.

32 34

Caddyshak

Every thread after a draft where people rant about who we should have got and how we didn't need who we did get.

Was it BD Stratton who went on a huge rant about Bunnings?

Yep, it was the longest sentence known in the history of mankind.

Was it BD Stratton who went on a huge rant about Bunnings?

Yep, it was the longest sentence known in the history of mankind.

It was a pro bunnings rant wasn't it?

Yep. I was decidedly on the opposing side.

Who wasn't allowed to have a kitten?

Hahaha that was great.

Then didn't his mum/missus start up a username and start defending him as well?

FUNNIEST

no love for 'what number is Prismal wearing" match day thread?

it was great seeing people go each other without going back and reading why there was suspicion around the poster giving live scores.

32 34

Now that one was brilliant because it was unintentional. 

Rolo / Geek -  Isn't there a link to the old website where some of the old threads are still kicking around?

I don’t remember the Pazza thing. Can someone explain please? Sounds hilarious!

Rolo / Geek -  Isn't there a link to the old website where some of the old threads are still kicking around?

bomberblitz.com/forum is all the archive I could salvage.

Which doesn't appear to work any more.
More broadly, is there a ton of older stuff on hard drives somewhere, waiting for the day we can afford to access them again?

More broadly, is there a ton of older stuff on hard drives somewhere, waiting for the day we can afford to access them again?

Historians talk about the burning of the Library of Alexandria as being significant.  It doesn‘t even come close to the wealth of knowledge and intellect that have been lost through the server crash of 2013. We‘ll never get that back. Ever.

Oh yeah I forgot that stopped working...

I have a backup of recent years of posts, and I believe Andy had archives and archives but ... I don't know where he is anymore.

The Milo Thread

Leave the archives be.

Nobody needs to be proven that wrong that many times.