Blitz Metalhead Thread

I don't like metal. But I like Maiden. And Manowar's Fighting The World album is hilariously good. I need melody. I need articulation in the sound, rather than a swamp.

It’s funny the bands that were considered metal. Mötley Crüe, AC/DC, Cinderella, even Bon Jovi before they went global.
And by considered metal I guess I mean anyone that Circus would write about.

I don’t think a lack of melody is what you dislike about metal
That or you’ve somehow done a good job of listening to nothing with melody (which seems doubtful)

I think it is.
Not a lot of melody in that mike-swallowing style, sorry.

I don't like metal. But I like Maiden. And Manowar's Fighting The World album is hilariously good. I need melody. I need articulation in the sound, rather than a swamp.

It’s funny the bands that were considered metal. Mötley Crüe, AC/DC, Cinderella, even Bon Jovi before they went global.

I dunno, maybe it’s just me, but this sort of stuff, some of my favourite tracks, has plenty of melody as well as the requisite heaviness.

1 Like

I don’t think a lack of melody is what you dislike about metal
That or you’ve somehow done a good job of listening to nothing with melody (which seems doubtful)

I think it is.
Not a lot of melody in that mike-swallowing style, sorry.

It’s not all that kind of metal, man.
Anyway, it’s a ‘taste’

Woah.
No need to be so defensive, guys.
It’s cool.
I don’t care if you don’t like electro-pop…

Grew up listening to heap of metal/ hard rock etc.
Slayer, Metallica, Judas Priest(Painkiller album was awesome!), Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Iron Maiden AC/DC were some of my and still are my favourites.

Woah. No need to be so defensive, guys. It's cool. I don't care if you don't like electro-pop...

Well, where’s your Electro-pop thread, eh?

Woah. No need to be so defensive, guys. It's cool. I don't care if you don't like electro-pop...

Surely you can enjoy both, and anything in between if you’re in the right mood?

My love of the heavier side of music started when I was about 13. I got home from school and my big brother had bought zeppelin 2 on cassette. My sister had acdc high voltage on vinyl also. I pumped those two to death and from there on I was an addict. Spent every cent I had on music. Alice cooper…maiden…motorhead…sabbath…purple…van halen…it just went on and on and on. Dropped out of school and worked at my dads shop at the vic market to support my habit
Bought my first guitar, a black les paul copy, at 16. First drum kit at 17. It was a ■■■■■■ premier.
Then a custom made alex van halen copy when I was 18.
First band was as a drummer. Then swapped to vocals and rhythm guitar later.
Went through the grunge scene…got heavily into tool…stp…soundgarden…mother love bone etc.
I love heavy vocals…but not to keen on this dirty stuff these days. Plant…gillen and gillan…dio…maynard…cornell…fav right now is myles kennedy.
My kids are all music heads too which makes me kinda proud. They love introducing me to the latest stuff…some i like…some i dont but its great to see the heavier side of life evolving.
I love the metal brotherhood!

Sure, my tastes are about eclectic as they can be, man. I love classical music, opera, pop, rock, trance, all kinds of rock from soft /yaught/country to hard/heavy/metal and everything in between. I play guitar and sax, and get by on a few others. So nah, no gripe with anyone’s tastes.

I actually love Eurodance
No joke

No joke

Fuggoff!

No joke

Fuggoff!

Lol. This is frequently on loop at work

Some tasters of the original band I’m kicking around with at the moment. Got a side project happening also, covers, playing a bit of TOOL, Soundgarden, alice in chains, stuff like that, first gig coming up in June at the boogieman bar.
Its a hobby :slight_smile: \m/

Good stuff, bonzo - give us a heads up when you’re on, maybe generate a few more heads at the gig.

Shall do, there’s a rumour Guzzler will be at the boogieman bar also May 13. Staying quiet at the moment due to Mrs B due to give birth on Anzac day, although she is fit to burst at the moment. I’m trying to stay close to home.

Shall do, there's a rumour Guzzler will be at the boogieman bar also May 13. Staying quiet at the moment due to Mrs B due to give birth on Anzac day, although she is fit to burst at the moment. I'm trying to stay close to home.

If you want to induce at a convenient time, just hold off in the boudoir until the timings right, and then have at it … with intent, it works more often than not.

Yep, I confess to be a major metalhead. Genres of choice thrash metal, death metal, NWOBHM, speed metal and occasionally some of the more atmospheric sub genres such as black metal, Gothic metal and doom metal.

Favourite bands are the staple bands (they are well known for a reason) iron maiden, megadeth, metallica, slayer, kreator etc plus a lot of Swedish stuff like the haunted, edge of sanity, unleashed, at the gates, Amon amarth.

Haven’t listened to many 2016 releases yet but favourite release to date from a small sample size is Exmortus - Ride Forth, interesting mix of neoclassical metal and thrash

lol, I dont know if I should hit the like button on that one or not.

Yep, I confess to be a major metalhead. Genres of choice thrash metal, death metal, NWOBHM, speed metal and occasionally some of the more atmospheric sub genres such as black metal, Gothic metal and doom metal.

Favourite bands are the staple bands (they are well known for a reason) iron maiden, megadeth, metallica, slayer, kreator etc plus a lot of Swedish stuff like the haunted, edge of sanity, unleashed, at the gates, Amon amarth.

Haven’t listened to many 2016 releases yet but favourite release to date from a small sample size is Exmortus - Ride Forth, interesting mix of neoclassical metal and thrash

I picked up the new Amon Amarth album a couple of days back.
It’s no Twilight but it’s still damn good.

I haven’t picked up jomsviking yet but plan to, the first track they released off it was pretty epic