Blitz Metalhead Thread

Seeing as you guys have the new stuff pretty much covered, I’m going to put up some old school classics that the new wave evolved from. \m/

If you never got into Badlands, do it. Only a couple of albums, Ray Gillen died early.

This thread also seems a good place to post this vid a great wrap of all the styles

Some classic priest, both from my favorite album, Sad wings of destiny.

Thread lacks sexy Asian chicks

1 Like

I am a metalhead. I like most of it. I actually enjoy going out on weekends and discovering new local bands.

More punk than metal, but this band kicks ■■■■ live.

My favorite Pinoy band

I am a metalhead. I like most of it. I actually enjoy going out on weekends and discovering new local bands.

Its Tool time!

1 Like

Oh man, bltn Jnr is going to love this thread :smile:

1 Like

You guys have probably watched this, but if not I recommend it.

I’ve never been a metalhead, but I skirted around it for a bit in my younger, angrier days, and many of friends were pretty ‘metal.’

I was always a bit mainstream though; Metallica, Pantera, Sepultura, Fear Factory (I still listen Demanufacture on occasion), then later onto System of a Down and Slipknot. I was more into ‘hard rock / sorta metal’ though; RATM, Tool, Rob Zombie, At The Drive In, …Trail of Dead, that sort of thing.

I have been to plenty of metal gigs, and I will say this; despite how they look, Metalheads are generally some of the nicest and well-behaved people you’ll ever spend time at a concert with.

And the moshpits are insane, if /when you’re into that sorta thing. The ‘jump the f*ck up’ part in Slipknot’s Spit it Out is the biggest beating I’ve ever copped in my life.

Some classic priest, both from my favorite album, Sad wings of destiny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lriWlHZAy8A

Great band!
My 2 favourite songs from Judas Priest are You’ve Got Another Thing Coming and One Shot At Glory.

1 Like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQDJ4fh9bAQ

Felt Fortress was an improvement on AB3 but Blackbird is still my favourite album of their’s

I’m not really a metal fan (so am learning from this thread), but at laneway festival this band smashed it…

(is it metal? I wouldn’t even know…)
(and for DJR Purity Ring was good on the same stage later)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQDJ4fh9bAQ

Felt Fortress was an improvement on AB3 but Blackbird is still my favourite album of their’s

Yeah everyone says that. Not for me. Fortress is when they finaly came of age. The rest was creed vs who the fark are we?

And as much as I love Myles, he sings in drop D flat.

"I have been to plenty of metal gigs, and I will say this; despite how they look, Metalheads are generally some of the nicest and well-behaved people you’ll ever spend time at a concert with. "

I agree. Very rarely do I experience agro at metal gigs. I always think that when leaving festivals like soundwave. I loved that one. I would take my son. Once we entered I would head one way, him another. We would meet up for food or if there was a band on we both liked. Never was I worried about him.
He dragged me over to one of the side stages once to check out one of his favs. I think it was maybe…bring me the horizon? Something like that.
It was crazy…stinking hot…sweaty…smelt like ■■■■…a wave of metal heads going off tap. He weasled his way to the front and was engulfed by the mosh.
Afterwards everyone leaves…no drama…kindred spirits.

Was that 2013? Best day out ever. Beers I front of anthrax and slayer at midday and rounded off with Metallica at night. And everything in between. Like ghost.
How it’s no longer is beyond me.