Blitz Metalhead Thread

Listening to a fair bit of Decapitated myself. Completely missed them. Like metal Christmas when you’ve somehow missed a band like this. Whole discography to explore.

3 Likes

I wanted to call it: Everything Louder than everything Else. :metal:

Winds of Creation remains one of my top 10 death metal albums. Just quality from start to finish.

1 Like

Listening to Winds of Creation now. ■■■■■■■ astounding how young they were!!! Unbelievable to be able to play that highly technical style of death metal at that age let alone compose it.

1 Like

Am gonna post the occasional track in here that would never see the light of day on DJ King thread hahaha:

1 Like

Big fan of those guys. They got back together recently.

Yeah my mate went and watched them, he was stoked. Saw them support someone once, might have been Soilwork from memory.

Speaking of reunions, was anyone a Sunk Loto fan back in the day? Between Birth and Death is a criminally underrated Aussie metal album.

One for @hambo

2 Likes

Australian Story tonight was on Parkway Drive, such a great program, if you missed it you should check it out on iview (ABC).

1 Like

This article was on the ABC page yesterday:

3 Likes

just watching it on iview. Quite eye opening.

Random question:

Fave metal guitarist of all time?

Mine has to be Randy Rhoads. Died far too young at 25yrs old. Could have been anything but what he had produced till his death was awesome…

2 Likes

Anyone going to Knottfest?

nah. Was hoping Slipknot might do a side gig but looking at the schedule there wasn’t much chance!

1 Like

Very big maybe. I was told I have a ticket if I want it but I spend most of my time doing things with the kids and my wife and I don’t have family close by we can rope into looking after them.

1 Like

Has anyone else checked out Spiritworld? I’m enjoying them.

I’m digging the new Kamelot. Tommy Karevik is an amazing vocalist.

1 Like

Who’s going to Napalm Death?

Got my tickets.

Not going to Napalm but am going to Be’Lakor later that month.
Speaking of Napalm though, wonder what other bands are floating around that have no original members?

In Flames have no original members

2 Likes