Blitz Probe Cycling

I bought one of those cheap Chinese knock-off team kits on eBay.

It's ... not great. FYI.

Trek have the new Madone in that space too. It will be interesting to see what sort of range they offer.

Very interesting course Specialized are taking too. Their new Tarmac was only available in a few top of the line models, this one now too.

Still, if they can measure five minutes of aero savings, I wonder what Trek could say save you in weight riding the Emonda.

Different purpose though? I’d take the Emonda any day for climbing and for the kind of riding I like to do.
Perhaps if bunch sprints were my forte I’d look at the Venge.
Interesting to note that a large part of that 5 minutes was the wheels, tyres, the helmet, shoes and skin suit.

Still, if they can measure five minutes of aero savings, I wonder what Trek could say save you in weight riding the Emonda.

Aero is everything, weight though...

If you’re a pro, UCI’s min weight limit probably means it’s a non issue.
But for Sunday ride in the hills, it might feel like a bit of a porker.
You think you could get use to riding those aero bars? Still reckon those brakes are going to be a nightmare to maintain.

Aero is everything, weight though…

A few reviews have all just been released. I guess these were all written in advance and embargoed until this afternoon.
It’s a hefty beast. 1.150kg

Cycling Tips has a pretty comprehensive look at it.

Review

Want that new Venge?

$15,499.00

Want that new Venge?

$15,499.00

wow.

https://fabrily.com/wfd8893

Friends of mine in France atm making me jealous with Strava…

88.2km in 3:05, including three minutes stoppage for back stretching…pretty farking happy with that!

Went for a test spin this AM...lemme tell ya, Cairns has got to be the windiest place in the Southern Hemisphere. And that includes the West Coast of NZ... Zipps are not good in the wind! Spent most of the morning doing everything but tracking straight, darting and swaying all over the place. Might have to run the standard 28mm Syncros next week, if this keeps up...

Hopefully you gave great race day weather. Not much wind. One of the guys from my runnin groups heading up to cairns as well next week for half ironman.

Cheers! Hoping for a nice clear day, about 20 - 22deg, with minimal to zero wind…

What’re the chances ya reckon?? Lol.

In typical Cairns style, looks like it will be blowing its ■■■■ off. Hopefully it drops off a bit by Sunday. Hope you have a good one anyway.

Well bugger me drunk and call me Susan…

Looking at strava can sometimes be the worst thing to do if you’re in a bit of a funk.
Just go and enjoy the ride!

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Really struggling with motivation of late, trying to shake the "meh" factor...

Added to that, I’m looking around Strava and seeing all my riding buddies putting in serious hours every day and I can’t help but feel I’m being left behind, my 200km/wk goal slipping into the distance, which is also hindering motivation…

I really hope this passes soon. I really do miss the enjoyment factor of just being out in the air and under my own steam… First World problems, huh?? :slight_smile:

I have enough bad habits of my own that I should not really offer anyone else personal advice, but since you posted …

My suggestion would be to forget about your weekly km goal and your peers - that is just reinforcing a message of personal failure at the moment. Just try very hard to get on some sort of bike every 2 days, without any goals other than deciding where to go once you start depending on how you feel. On weekends put a bike in the car and drive to somewhere new and interesting, get a map and just cruise around exploring.

Forget about fitness and goals (other than to just ride), focus on what you call the enjoyment factor of just being out in the air and under my own steam. Don’t give yourself a hard time if you only do 10ks and don’t break into a sweat. Just get on a bike and get out there, even in street clothes if it makes it easier so you don’t have to think about it too much first.

As well as body fitness there is mind fitness … and in my view even half an hour on a bike without traffic just breathing and pedalling in the direction the bike decides to point is really good mindfulness meditation, which will make you feel much better about shiz in general, plus you will sleep better.

when I went motorbike riding, I called it helmet therapy. well I stole the term off a cousin, but yeah…

I use that term too…but not for bike riding…lol.

Got out this arvo. Was great and pretty much did what you suggested KFC…I left home with something of a plan, but then just changed it up ten minutes in and had a good sweat session. Average speed over 32 for a 35km “spin”, something else I hadn’t set out to do, but just ended up happening.

Interesting you mention throwing the bike in the car and exploring. There are a lot of rides around the area, up toward/past Port Douglas or the Atherton Tablelands that I have been eying off for a long time. Might be time to go for that exploration sometime soon, methinks. Unfortunately, I don’t have an MTB, so that’s not really an option, but there is plenty more that can be done…

Cheers for support, guys :slight_smile:

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Added to that, I’m looking around Strava and seeing all my riding buddies putting in serious hours every day and I can’t help but feel I’m being left behind, my 200km/wk goal slipping into the distance, which is also hindering motivation…

I really hope this passes soon. I really do miss the enjoyment factor of just being out in the air and under my own steam… First World problems, huh?? :slight_smile:

I have enough bad habits of my own that I should not really offer anyone else personal advice, but since you posted …

My suggestion would be to forget about your weekly km goal and your peers - that is just reinforcing a message of personal failure at the moment. Just try very hard to get on some sort of bike every 2 days, without any goals other than deciding where to go once you start depending on how you feel. On weekends put a bike in the car and drive to somewhere new and interesting, get a map and just cruise around exploring.

Forget about fitness and goals (other than to just ride), focus on what you call the enjoyment factor of just being out in the air and under my own steam. Don’t give yourself a hard time if you only do 10ks and don’t break into a sweat. Just get on a bike and get out there, even in street clothes if it makes it easier so you don’t have to think about it too much first.

As well as body fitness there is mind fitness … and in my view even half an hour on a bike without traffic just breathing and pedalling in the direction the bike decides to point is really good mindfulness meditation, which will make you feel much better about shiz in general, plus you will sleep better.

when I went motorbike riding, I called it helmet therapy. well I stole the term off a cousin, but yeah…

Quoted Post