Blitz Probe Cycling

Ta, I've been doing some reading and seen a few of those mentioned. Donna Buang in particular looks rad.
we watched a friend Everest donna buang, mammoth effort. it was hard work driving up, let alone riding it!

http://rapidascent.com.au/VerticalK/

Garmin are yet another a market leader inviting someone to come and take over by resting on their laurels. The UI/UX of their products doesn’t even nearly cut the mustard.

Our five week Crit series finally got underway Friday, after getting washed out last week.

Getting better at maintaining threshold for the entire duration, but not getting a lot better at race craft … I like to stay in the top 5-6 riders and was marking one rider in particular so chased down a few mini breaks. The bunch was too large and motivated for a breakaway to work so it ended in a bunch sprint; the winner of which I never saw up in the top 5-6 riders unsurprisingly…

Set a new Max HR of 203 in the finish sprint trying to salvage an eighth place. Felt like I’d black out after crossing the line.

Good fun.

Our five week Crit series finally got underway Friday, after getting washed out last week.

Getting better at maintaining threshold for the entire duration, but not getting a lot better at race craft … I like to stay in the top 5-6 riders and was marking one rider in particular so chased down a few mini breaks. The bunch was too large and motivated for a breakaway to work so it ended in a bunch sprint; the winner of which I never saw up in the top 5-6 riders unsurprisingly…

Set a new Max HR of 203 in the finish sprint trying to salvage an eighth place. Felt like I’d black out after crossing the line.

Good fun.

Sounds like you did all you could.
Judging by your physique your probably not going to be the strongest sprinter, so play to your strengths, keep breaking away in the hope that some will join you, even if it takes weeks to get that right combo, riders will get sick of chasing you, you’ll still be getting stronger and stronger conditioning your body to those efforts as opposed to those sitting in the pack.
Don’t be afraid to have a crack and do stupid things, my two best wins were from my two dumbest moves.

Thanks @G4T, that’s the plan today. Apparently a few of last weeks sprinters won’t be there today. I do like riding for “first or last” so the break attempt might be on again today. Screw another bunch sprint.

You coming up? :smiley:

We had a guy from Cobra9 race A Grade last week too.

Thanks @G4T, that's the plan today. Apparently a few of last weeks sprinters won't be there today. I do like riding for "first or last" so the break attempt might be on again today. Screw another bunch sprint.

You coming up? :smiley:

We had a guy from Cobra9 race A Grade last week too.

Trying to gather a group of 4 for next Friday 4th!

So … wasn’t able to be as aggressive as I would’ve liked last night. But the attempted breaks were going over and over all race. None successful, but it seems like everyone came in with the same plan.

As we rounded the corner at the start of the last lap I led a mate of mine out to give him a break for the line. Ended up second but it was more enjoyable to set someone up than scrounge for 7th again in the bunch…

One day I’ll actually order these kits instead of just designing them…

I like the last one best.

Things looking good for Friday, possibly even coming up in the new team car!
Also, can we request the full course!?

Request all you like … Most people are sick of full course, what’s the attraction?

3qtr reverse is where it’s at.

Only ever done the half hotdog.

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220o.1000855.1998025129.1.lThXYJ&id=38426982315&abbucket=_AB-M32_B4&acm=03054.1003.1.428533&aldid=66kc9kXX&abtest=_AB-LR32-PV32_2039&scm=1003.1.03054.13_38426982315_428533&pos=1

Thinking of picking this little number up for Christmas. The Solomo is a good bike, but despite returning it to the shop a couple of times, it has never free wheeled the way l should. l will sell it for about a quarter of the price of this model. Not too shabby a deal.

Shame about the conditions yesterday G4T, that was rank. Least fun I’ve had racing. 

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220o.1000855.1998025129.1.lThXYJ&id=38426982315&abbucket=_AB-M32_B4&acm=03054.1003.1.428533&aldid=66kc9kXX&abtest=_AB-LR32-PV32_2039&scm=1003.1.03054.13_38426982315_428533&pos=1

Thinking of picking this little number up for Christmas. The Solomo is a good bike, but despite returning it to the shop a couple of times, it has never free wheeled the way l should. l will sell it for about a quarter of the price of this model. Not too shabby a deal.

Looks like it has a Shimano 105 groupset, which is a damn sight better than what you had on the Solomo.
Shame about the conditions yesterday G4T, that was rank. Least fun I've had racing. 

A day where local knowledge was helpful.
Next time we’ll give ourselves some time to warm up and be weary of positioning and the wind.

Yeti guy was not normal.

Shame about the conditions yesterday G4T, that was rank. Least fun I've had racing. 

A day where local knowledge was helpful.
Next time we’ll give ourselves some time to warm up and be weary of positioning and the wind.

Yeti guy was not normal.

You know who he is right?

It’s game over when he turns up.

One hell of a bike review for the Specialized Allez Sprint

Also very compelling. I like the idea of a much simpler, but still fast enough, bike. Though I love having the best of everything on my Propel it does make the whole machine really precious. I get nervous just washing it that I’ll stuff something up. I miss that about my old beat up TCR that you could just slap degreaser everywhere and handle components how you liked and it all just kept working.

I GOT A BIKE ON GUMTREE FOR $35. I WENT FOR MY FIRST RIDE THE OTHER WEEK, 21 KLM. NOT BAD EH?

no lycra

I GOT A BIKE ON GUMTREE FOR $35. I WENT FOR MY FIRST RIDE THE OTHER WEEK, 21 KLM. NOT BAD EH?

no lycra

Cool. What is it?