Blitz Upgraded - Report New Bugs

Do not like the moving header…on my small phone it can gobble a large % of screen space…also the lag in its movements causes me problems: scroll down and I have to anticipate where it is going to jump to because it will cover some text (I inevitably have to readjust), scroll up and it temporarily covers the text that I was moving up to read…and I don’t find the header functions useful anyway, so would prefer it just stays at the top, and I will scroll there when necessary.

Sorry to be so negative, Blitz is too important to me!

When quoting (on android) after you have selected the quote and it appears in the text box, when you click on the text box (underneath the quote) to type your response, it stays underneath the quote for a brief second and then changes and adds it to the end of the last sentence of the quote instead.

Koala said:
When I used to click on the Inbox, it showed me the first five or so messages, then I used to be able to click a "see all messages" link to take me into the Inbox. 

Now it won't scroll down below those first few messages - it starts scrolling the screen behind instead.  I either have to click "new message", then click on Inbox at the top left, or right click and open the Inbox in a new tab.
That's weird. I'm still getting the same behaviour as before. Are you getting this on desktop?
When quoting (on android) after you have selected the quote and it appears in the text box, when you click on the text box (underneath the quote) to type your response, it stays underneath the quote for a brief second and then changes and adds it to the end of the last sentence of the quote instead.

Okay then, back to raw HTML in the post box.

Do not like the moving header...on my small phone it can gobble a large % of screen space...also the lag in its movements causes me problems: scroll down and I have to anticipate where it is going to jump to because it will cover some text (I inevitably have to readjust), scroll up and it temporarily covers the text that I was moving up to read...and I don't find the header functions useful anyway, so would prefer it just stays at the top, and I will scroll there when necessary.

What device are you using?

I’m using an iPhone 5S (the smallest of modern smart phones) and the header doesn’t take up much room, and disappears smoothly when scrolling down the page.

Okay then, back to raw HTML in the post box.

Thanks Riolio, that fixed it.

Great job by the way!

Ok, solved my topbar/phone issue. Downed F fox 4 Droid, everything works like a dream now, better than it did before the update, better than it ever has. Wish I’d done it years ago.

Do not like the moving header...on my small phone it can gobble a large % of screen space...also the lag in its movements causes me problems: scroll down and I have to anticipate where it is going to jump to because it will cover some text (I inevitably have to readjust), scroll up and it temporarily covers the text that I was moving up to read...and I don't find the header functions useful anyway, so would prefer it just stays at the top, and I will scroll there when necessary.

What device are you using?

I’m using an iPhone 5S (the smallest of modern smart phones) and the header doesn’t take up much room, and disappears smoothly when scrolling down the page.

I’m embarrassed to admit this: Galaxy S (as in 1!)…I probably represent a user group that is so small it’s not worth compromising for.

And the header does slide away as I scroll down, but I just don’t like having to anticipate the 1cm or so that it will require once it returns. I just find that it returns to cover what I was planning to read, and I have to scroll another 1cm in a secondary action.

See my post above yours Clark.

Tonight I realised exactly how much of a luddite I am when it comes to my phone. The FireFox browser for Android, .(Samsung Gal S2) solved so many things about using the web on it, it’s actually depressing that I took so long to do it. The bouncey top bar thing was my issue too, but even before the upgarde, Blitz inparticular just didn’t want to fit the screen, it was a complete dogs brekky.

Now … it works as itis meant to, & it’s good good good. B)

your phone is also ancient in terms of smartphones, so theres that.

Why aren’t you all using Chrome for android?!

Barnz said:
quote folding doesn't work, i can see all of red_emp and yacos asinine bullshit.
Noticed this. Not sure why it is this way. 

Well, ■■■■■ will be ■■■■■, what can you do?

See my post above yours Clark.

Tonight I realised exactly how much of a luddite I am when it comes to my phone. The FireFox browser for Android, .(Samsung Gal S2) solved so many things about using the web on it, it’s actually depressing that I took so long to do it. The bouncey top bar thing was my issue too, but even before the upgarde, Blitz inparticular just didn’t want to fit the screen, it was a complete dogs brekky.

Now … it works as itis meant to, & it’s good good good. B)

Thanks, Firefox has resolved the header issues…Riolio, my issues were just a consequence of my outdated tech, feel free to ignore…

Works better Riolo

I’m using Safari and don’t intend to use anything else.

are you on android noons? nah.

Why aren't you all using Chrome for android?!

Why? Sarcastica? Or are there reasons for it to be recommended?

Yeah well it works fine on iOS so...

We can switch back to the crap one that shows HTML?

I actually find Chrome on iOS pretty bad (glitchy selecting, zooming in/out - and these little bugs) with most incarnations of Blitz text editing.
It’s a chrome issue, not android.

It’s a pity, I generally prefer Chrome but always have to keep both now.

Good work Rolo.
How do we embed a video now? Where is the “code” selection in the editor?

Good work Rolo. How do we embed a video now? Where is the "code" selection in the editor?

Embed videos by pasting the URL of the YouTube video, just like before