Blitz Watch Along - Week 2 vs Fark Carlton (Round 18 1998 Tonight 8PM) Link in OP

I searched high and low for that one.

No luck at all.

Couldn’t even find a highlights package for it. Found a highlight package for one later in 94 but not FC missing everything

1 Like

Feel free to openly discuss any game not listed but a reminder for listed games to ethier not post spoilers at all or to use the blur feature

1 Like

@thedjr memory test time.

That 94 game. We only had 4 goal kickers, 2 of whom kicked 3 James Hird and ?

C’mon. Everyone knows that.

Salmon was out injured and Michael Symons was sent to full forward. In a six-week period he kicked 21.11

(OK, I had to look up the exact scoring total. It included his top five scoring games of his career, plus one dud 0.1 loss to Footscray.)

2 Likes

Didn’t Symons have a long run up to kick at goal?

2 Likes

C’mon on?

It meant so much that day Scotty, it was over.

Its tight between 2016 and 1998.

Amount of votes on track to smash the amount the Bin Chickens game had.

■■■■ Carlton

1 Like

1998 and 2016 now dead even.

Could be putting more than few ks on the time machine before this is done.

Nah, not that famous one - 1989 as best I can figure.

We won comfortably, but FarkCarlton were making a last quarter surge - just enough to get their fans lippy - and Kernahan put this one out by a good 10 metres, killing their hopes.

So you could say he had form.
Like most of the FarkCarlton Board members.

PS - Rd4 - Goal kickers for us reads well;
3 Harvey, Salmon, Watson
2 Bewick Ezard Antrobus Madden

1 Like

Which is the one where Gibbs fell backwards over the boundary line before he was even tackled?

1 Like

I agree that it was truly great to be there.

There was another game in the last round of the year (I can’t remember which year), where we played Collingwood, when neither of us could make the eight, but both teams went hard at it and we won it with a goal from Heath Hocking with about 30 seconds remaining. That was pretty good too.

■■■■ Carlton

1 Like

Murphy I reckon. The gif is out there

1 Like

Once again want to thank the blitz community for getting behind something like only blitz can. Friday against the Bin chickens was a stack of fun and showed that there is clearly enough interest to do this every week until we get some footy back.

You guys are the best, @allblack (who actually came up with the thing) and myself couldn’t be happier.

4 Likes

Thanks for organising and @Allblack for coming up with the idea. It was a much needed distraction.

Fark Carlton.

4 Likes

Meanwhile, nobody is putting any digits on the time machine dials just yet. 98 and 16 are still dead even.

*in the event of a tie, ill flip a coin.

It’s tight

1 Like

Thought FC would be the closest poll we’d any one of the options in poll would make a great destination for the time machine and an even better match thread

especially sos the pelican 98 and sticks the pelican in 93

1 Like

@Davo

Will you be watching this week?

If so your our time stamp moderator.

1 Like

no worries

can’t imagine i’ll have anything better to do

2 Likes