Blitz Watch Along - Week 2 vs Fark Carlton (Round 18 1998 Tonight 8PM) Link in OP

I know it’s a few weeks away but ANZAC day will be a cracker

Already researched ANZAC Day. Im going for hidden classics there.

Just like the comeback game for North, We all know what happened in 2009 and have watched it a million times. So that won’t be in there. Plus Foxtel will probably run that as their recall so we’ll get a good double dose

1 Like

Meanwhile, 98 with a 1 vote lead over 16.

I feel like I should know more FC games, but the only one of these games that I actually remember is 2016. It’s going to be my tactic moving forward I think, just vote for a game that I have no recollection of.

1 Like

They’ll be a few of those coming up even when doing my research id forgotten them.

Some weeks our polls are going to be very thin on numbers. In my research I’ve only looked at the end result not how it got there and even in the light on options weeks we’ve got some good ones.

OK, it’s just lowlights for the first three quarters but 1992! 1992! 1992! 1992! 1992!

1 Like

Technically thats a Melbourne game :smiley: I did look for it for the Melbourne week and i could only find the last quarter.

No love for first time 2013 either? Think Round 10 or 11

Not available in full and id be voting for it if it was

1 Like

I for would love to see a Talking FC match thread for the 1993 grand final

2 Likes

ANZAC Day 01’ was an absolute cracker. Extremely underrated.

Stay tuned

I went to the GF parade in 93. I was booing Diesel and heckling him because Wanganeen won the brownlow. Copped a lot of ■■■■ from FC supporters. Anyway, I think it was the start of my hatred for FC.

2 Likes

Mine was by far the 99 prelim. I disliked like them sure. But i was only 13 in 99 and had those ■■■■■ in my face carrying on like baboons during mating season.

Collingwood, Richmond fans i dislike them but almost have a secret respect for them as fans.

Carlton fans for the most part are ■■■■■■■ pigs.

■■■■ them

2 Likes

The only punch on I’ve had is with Richmond supporters.

Had a bucket of chips thrown at my head at a Port game.

I was lining up for finals tickets in 99, and as was the normal back then had started lining up prior to week 1 of finals. So 2 weeks of lining up, paying security guards to look after our stuff, and they lose to those ■■■■■. I ■■■■■■■ hate them.

Also hawthorn and the the filth.

Not crazy about the swans and their last minute pull it out of your ■■■ umpire assisted wins.

Expect more rants from me as I juggle working full-time from home and home schooling.

9 Likes

FC fans are in a different tier when it comes to being ■■■■■■■ pigs.

The only time I’ve ever been physical at the footy is agaisnt FC. My brother and I would take our youngest brother and his mate to the footy every week and one close win against FC one of the ■■■■■■■ pigs (the ■■■■ would have been 40+ and my brother was 14/15) got in his face when we he was chanting “we hate carlton” with the GS. Protective older brother mode very much kicked in.

1 Like

I carry on major when we beat FC.

BEATING MY CHEST LIKE A ■■■■■■■ APE is very much the standard

2 Likes

the earlier game from 98 was ■■■■■■■ great too. We led comfortably for 3 qtrs, FC charged in the last and fell 1pt short

I am really going for the 2016 game. We won on sheer guts.

2 Likes

im going for 98 because lol sos

Also chuck a blur onto that if you could