Blitz Watch Along - Week 4 vs Adelaide RD14 1995

Best i have for the earlier requests

Princess Di game highlights:

2007 rd 1 highlights

3 Likes

What does the next Mrs Wim wear to the footy, as wearing a Crow jumper is instant replacement.

Round 10, 2000 is another beauty. Michael Long at his brilliant best.

2 Likes

It was a different game. Appreciate what it was before the AFL changed the game in an effort to appeal to Rugby and soccer fans. (and added to the bench in an effort to appeal to the canadian ice hockey fans).

We like to think of the physical demands of today as being extreme, but the physical and entail demands back then we’re also intense, just different.

And appreciate a game where scragging and hanging on to a player who didn’t have the ball was not accepted, even if the ball was approaching.

Big run on 13.

Nah, it’s good to have a second team.
And Adelaide have really never hurt us too badly.
I don’t understand the antagonism some people have for them.
Port, I get.
They’ve done some dirty things to us, belted us, seemed to always knock us out of finals (and Fletch always seemed to be suspended for that game, although that might just be my imagination), they act like they’re the biggest thing in the league when they’re actually a club with Collingwood’s type of supporters and Fitzroy’s number of supporters.
Hating Adelaide is like hating Freo.
Just…why?
You’re wasting your well earned venom.

I used this to watch the 93 GF with some Carlton mates the other day.

was V Good for syncing everyone up.

2 Likes

Hmm thanks mate. I’ll look at that

1 Like

Looks very simple to use. Going to give using that some serious consideration

1995 was Lloyd’s debut game
1991 I reckon may have been Wanganeen’s debut game

how is the 1993 Preliminary Final not in this list???

1 Like

Was it a very good match for Lloyd, or did THAT game come later?

the 1991 wasn’t all that exciting. First and last time we played Adelaide at Windy Hill.
TD back in 7 was along the signage boards.

1 Like

that was in 1996 at Princess Park. 7 goals, think about 16 marks playing at CHF.

1995 he kicked 3 goals (including first kick first goal via a soccer in the goal square), think Salmon kicked 8 and we won by about 20 goals.

1 Like

Spoiler smear added…

oh, I don’t know the rules of the spoilers for this topic.

are the rules back in the Week 1 thread?

but seriously, no 1993 Prelim? are you ■■■■■■■ insane?

1 Like

I take it you haven’t read this thread as @scotty21 has already addressed both of your queries. But cheers for having a better memory than me!

Trying to avoid the “common” classics in these sure its one of our greatest wins but we’ve all seen it and all know what happens.

I want the memory banks getting realllllly stretched with these games. The games that if it wasn’t for this you’d probably never have even thought of watching.

3 Likes

As for spoilers any dicussion around exact details of listed games should be blurred but any game not listed please feel free to openly discuss.

I was hoping for Rd 17 2011.

We kicked 2 goals in the first half and that’s all I saw.
(not really, but I recall a lot of blitz going to bed).